I create Branded VR/360 experiences that push the boundaries of storytelling with new technologies. I've spent the past two years creating original and visually striking work that transports viewers through virtual reality headsets. In having a film-making background I have used my prior skills and knowledge to develop a unique style in capturing and directing virtual reality based experiences. In the past year I have been a part of some big projects for companies like; ING, Tommy Hilfiger, Massive Music and Nestle. I was the Director of Photography of Ashes to Ashes which was nominated for a Dutch Academy Award in the Interactive Category. Ashes to Ashes Prize cup at the GCC award ceremony of Shanghai International Film Festival 2017 Gold Dutch VR Award - Best Immersive Experience Nominated for the Netherlands Film Festival Golden Kalf 2017 Project Orpheus VR Experience Bronze Dutch VR Award - Best Immersive Experience 3 Nominations at the Bright VR Awards
- L'Oreal - Salon Emotion VR ExperienceWorking with Blend Media I directed the L'Oreal Salon Emotion experience. The experience outlays the 7 steps of the ultimate client journey within the salon and is intended as a guide for L'Oreal's partners so they are able to put the client in the forefront of their minds and how they should experience their customer journey.
- Nando’s Art - 360 DocumentariesNando’s Feast Your Eyes festival is an annual event that celebrates South African culture and Art. For this year’s edition the restaurant chain commissioned a series of documentaries that gave an insight into the work, motivation and inspiration to a selection of Artists across South Africa. I lead the post-post production for 3 of these documentaries from stitching, editing and through to grading.
- Sennheiser - AMBEOFelt Sound Studios a renowned music production based in the heart of Soho was capturing a choir at Battle Abbey Cathedral with Sennheiser’s new Ambeo Microphone and were open to the idea of also capturing the performance in 360 Video to enhance the experience and pair it with the stunning audio capture.
- Ashes to Ashes - Award Winning VR Film Ashes to Ashes is a co-production between Emmy®-winning studio Submarine Channel and AVROTROS – the largest Dutch broadcaster, in collaboration with production house WeMakeVR – a pioneer in the Dutch VR scene, Jaunt VR – world leader in cinematic VR, Force Field VR – a company specialized in 3D content for VR and AR, and Big Orange – a sound studio with a track record in spatial audio
+ View all
VR Film Director & ResearcherMediaLAB Amsterdam
- Amsterdam, NetherlandsFull Time
I am moving to Amsterdam in the next coming month to work on a research project in Interactive Cinema technologies. The project will utilise VR Filming and narrative techniques to create a compelling story that engages the user. - 360 Video - Transmedia Storytelling - Virtual Reality - Cinematic VR Content - Immersive Story Telling - World Building - 360 Direction - 360 Lighting Design - 360 Art Direction - 360 Script Writing/ Concepting
+ Show more
- Multi-platform Content
- Virtual Reality
- Cross Platform Experience
- Creative Design Processes
- Transmedia Storytelling
- 360 Video Capture
1st Class Honours Television Video ProductionSouthampton Solent University
- Southampton, United Kingdom
I was awarded a first class honours in Television and Video Production in 2014. The course covered all areas of production from scripting, storyboarding, shooting and lighting. I am multi-disciplined and have had experience in working on both long form and short form projects, from documentaries to short film to live events.