Founder and managing director of SIC, an e-training company that offers free training through hire-to-train and volunteering opportunities to disabled, chronically and mentally ill people in the UK. Helping close the disability employment gap. Previously Chief Operating Officer for City Girl Network, I have a passion for growing companies that bring people together.
- Stories of Accessibility and Inclusion in the Workplace'Why professionalism in the workplace is ableist' by writer Rebecca W Morris, joins a growing collection of articles we are curating from disabled, chronically and mentally ill people who experience ableism, setbacks and exclusion in the workplace due to their condition. We are opening up the space for more conversations about disability in the workplace, for both employees and employers alike, to take part in much needed development and understanding in this area. You can read Rebecca's art
- City Girl Network Volunteer HubVolunteers drive the running of City Girl Network, we simply couldn't do it without them. When we reached 100 volunteers we knew it was time to give back! Launching in November, we are so excited to be able to provide a volunteer access only hub on our website, full of resources- eg. masterclasses and short tutorials produced in house, as well as the top external learning resources we love- all to help our volunteers get to where they want to be. Whether it's learning how to improve writing sk
Projects credited in
- City Girl Network - Gen Z, Millennial and Boomer pieces on raceI collected three pieces from 3 different generations where they discuss their personal experiences with racism. I did this to highlight how little has changed for POC living here in the UK. I hope by sharing these pieces it can highlight ways in which we can make real change so that we can all live equally without fear and prejudice.
- This is Impt - Writing Submissions for CGNI have been collecting stories from people online to highlight how prevalent racism is in the Europe and the UK, specifically. I worked closely with CGN to publish their stories. At This is Impt I continue to give a voice to people like me who sometimes go unnoticed - if you have a story to share then please get in touch with me and I will work tirelessly to get your voice out there.
Founder, Managing DirectorSIC
United KingdomFull Time
Sick In The City is a CIC (SIC) is non profit company. We are building an online space that levels the playing field for disabled people in work. We provide free training in digital content and online marketing to give disabled people a competitive edge with experience in an ableist job market, while also providing employer services including sponsorship and consulting to help them meet their accessibility and inclusion goals.
Cheif Operating Officer (COO)City Girl Network
- Manchester, United KingdomFull Time
I run the day to day operations of the City Girl Network. Managing the 200 volunteers who run the 12+ cities (and growing!) that consists of over 30,000 women looking to make new friends, find safe housemates and travel buddies, and explore their city!
+ Show more
- Time Management
- Communication Strategy
- Project Conception
- Project Management
Bsc(Hon) OpenThe Open University
- Manchester, United Kingdom
Covering modules in science communication, cell biology, mental health and human anatomy. I built my degree through the Open University to gain a Bsc (Hons), with an interest in all areas of science and science communication. Studying from home also taught me how to work effectively and productively off of my own initiative and to a deadline.