Multi Disciplinary Graphic Design & Art Direction by Ralph Solly I'm a middleweight graphic designer and illustrator. I've worked in the music industry right through to the corporate and charitable sectors. My print based work includes record sleeves, business cards, brochures, flyers, leaflets, wedding invites, hoardings, adverts on public transport, roller blinds and brand identity, powerpoint, retouching, and food packaging design. My web based work includes web graphics, gifs, wordpress, and HTML emailers. I'm friendly and approachable, able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment on a variety of projects, it’s all part of the Ralph master plan to help make the world a bolder and brighter place. Specialties: Brand identity, art direction, illustration, web design and graphic design.
- Fedrigoni365/2021As an ode to community and togetherness, Fedrigoni UK invited me to contribute a design for the latest edition of its coveted calendar project. Each book contains a unique collection of 365 designs, randomly collated from the hundreds of contributions. Each participant was assigned a number from 1–31, alongside a ‘seed’ word allocated to me, mine being ‘26’ and ‘carve’. Inspired by linocutand optical artists Josef Albers and Bridget Riley, I self taught myself to linocut. The end result, a hand
- NearInkBrand identity for tattooist booking website, NearInk. The identity was inspired by a tattoo needle, with a sharp angular ‘N’ created to reflect this. A unisex neutral colour palette was created to compliment this, combined with Zona Pro typeface and modern imagery reflecting the demographic. Web graphics for smartphone, desktop and laptop were also created to unify the brand on a digital platform. Brand guidelines were written to ensure continuity across the brand identity for print and web app
- Team KnowhowPrint, brand identity, web design work for Team Knowhow, the re-branded services arm for Dixons Carphone. The re-brand included a new premium range for Harrods, vector icons, POS, uniforms, vehicle liveries, desktop and mobile emailers, leaflets, signage, brochures and other print and web material. Large in-store graphics and window decals were created for individual stores to a variety of applications.
- 2nd Drop RecordsOngoing work for electronica label, 2nd Drop Records, with a clean and bold identity, with the strong use of sans serif fonts, and the use of a guest illustrator to design a centre label for each release, using the track names to come up with a colourful illustration. The design continues with embossed ‘sound waves’ on the sleeve and logotype on the top right hand corner. The design work also spreads across the blog, facebook page and flyers and posters for their club nights. 3-piece record sl
- Camden CourtPrint, brand identity, web and photography design work for Newlon’s Camden Court, shared ownership residential apartments in Camden Town. The initial ideas were hand drawn logotypes, scanned in, traced and vectorised in Illustrator. Two other ideas were pursued, lending inspiration from the Camden Lock bridge colour palette, and creating a debossed logo with fluorescent magenta on uncoated board. The project’s logotype based on the building’s floor plans which are made up of two C’s. These were
- Critical MusicDrum ‘n’ Bass record label Critical Music approached me to design their 15th anniversary logo for their birthday celebrations. The early logotype ideas all started in hand-drawn form, which were developed into a monotone stripped-back clean logotype which appeared on merchandise, website, banners, record sleeves and clubnight events in the forthcoming year. This then developed into a bright colourway for their summer events. The limited edition boxset is printed on spot varnished bespoke made ca
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Kollektiv Interview PublishingWebsite Founder and Administrator, Artist Liaison, Artist Journalist Since 2014 I have published over 197 picture interviews on Kollekitv Gallery. I ask 10 questions and artists respond visually. This method of networking and publicity compliments my curatorial relationship with artists, a way for artists to develop their visual practice as well as have an online item to share on their website.
Creative DesignerDixons Carphone
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Employed as creative designer working on a nationwide Team Knowhow re-brand for its services arm. Designing a new premium range, vector icons, POS, vehicle liveries, emailers, leaflets, signage, brochures and other print and web material.
+ Show more
- Hons Graphic Design
- Adobe Indesign/illustrator/photoshop
- 5. Illustration
- 1. Branding Identity
- Large Scale Design
- Graphic Design Campaign Banner Flyer Leaflet Advertising
- Photo Retouching
- Animated Gif
- Brand and Packaging Design