Initially, my interest in psychology and design led me to creative advertising where I learned to use strategic thinking to resolve user problems. Now, I want to shift my creativity from interrupting people’s experiences and use UX to enhance them, focusing on life-easing, human-centred design.
- Untangle Native App LaunchUntangle is a grief support startup with the aim to help people find the emotional, practical and expert tools to help build a life beyond loss. Launched in August 2020, the Untangle app aims to connect users with others who can relate via in-app support chats. The app tackles the emotional side of loss by creating a peer support app. When the user’s sign up, they answer a series of questions that Untangle use to help match them into a group of people who understand them. The focus of the beta
- Knowledge Officer : Skills InsightImproved the design of the new product ‘Skills Insight’ with particular focus on the onboarding experience and maximising the skills report insights. All with the aim to increase conversion and drive traffic towards Knowledge Officer’s main product, their education platform. My Key Roles: Managed the team end-to-end; leading the discussion as to what steps within the UX process my team should take and which user problems to focus on. Played a crucial part in making design decisions, from my
- Icelandair Group Concept UX Project : Adding In-Flight Services to their existing AppWith the arrival of in-flight wifi on Icelandair’s international journeys, Icelandair needed to consider which of their currently manual in-flight services (e.g. food and drink service, entertainment streaming or duty-free shopping) should be added to their existing app and how this might work. My Key Roles within the group: Competitor Analysis User Interviews (split between group) Affinity Mapping Experience Mapping Paper Prototyping Digital Low Fidelity mockups Usability Testing Onboarding
- ELAW - Charity Website UI RedesignRedesigning ELAW’s charity website, I developed my UI skills on Sketch: creating a style guide, mood board and learning the fundamentals of accessibility and colour. The Environmental Law Alliance Worldwide (ELAW) helps communities speak out for clean air, clean water, and a healthy planet. They are a global group of attorneys, scientists, and advocates who collaborate across borders promoting to build a sustainable future. This was an individual design project, where I was in charge of managing
- Adidas : New Blood Graphite Pencil WinnerYoung people need role models; they are a vital part of inspiring success. However, there aren’t enough role models in women’s sports. Not because they don’t exist, but because they’ve been neglected by the media. With hundreds of newsworthy stories from sportswomen failing to make the headlines, how are young girls going to get the motivation they need to participate in sports? Adidas will stand against media gender bias by using London buses to share the unheard stories from the previous year.
- Untangle X Sasha Bates InfographicsI was given the task to create a content strategy to promote Untangle’s online grief support service via Instagram. I wanted to create content that didn’t just relate to those who are grieving but spread to the wider audience of family/friends of the ones grieving as well. The idea I came up with was for Untangle to share a mixture of practical and emotional advice on how to support a friend when they lose a loved one. I constructed a collaboration between Lauren Doughty (Untangle’s In-House Ill
Projects credited in
- Infographic Series on Loss with Sasha Bates and Untangle GriefThese infographic guides were made in collaboration with author Sasha Bates with prompts from her book 'Languages of Loss: A psychotherapist's journey through grief'. These images are made to be free guides - originally dispersed on social media.
UX/UI DesignerUntangle Grief Support
London, United KingdomInternship
I work within a small team of designers and developers to prepare the Untangle app for its launch in May 2020. It is my first experience of working for a tech company with a social benefit. I work in tandem with the senior designer, taking insights and first-hand stories about grief from the company research before implementing them into the UX and visual design of the product. I also work on developing design solutions for the app beyond its launch, coming up with long term design solutions to boost the product’s capability in the future.
UX DesignerGeneral Assembly
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Knowledge Officer | Client Project | 3-week group project My team was tasked with improving the design for ‘Skills Insight’, Knowledge Officer’s new product that uses AI to analyse the user’s LinkedIn profile and provide them with a free skills report to help them understand their skills gap. I managed the team end-to-end, leading the discussion as to what steps within the UX process we should take and which user problems to focus on to improve the product. I also played a crucial part in making design decisions, from my initial rough sketches to then testing and iterating up to high-fidelity. For more details, click here: https://tinyurl.com/wfoypm7 Icelandair app | Conceptual | 2-week group project My team and I were asked to create a new feature within Icelandair’s existing app, making their (currently manual) in-flight services available to passengers on their mobile devices. I played a fundamental role in the discovery phase, putting together a competitor analysis and carrying out user interviews. I consolidated the team’s findings with an affinity map that defined the user problems and the in-flight services we’d put into the app. This led to me sketching and developing the initial paper-prototype and facilitating design decisions from user testing. For more details, click here: http://tiny.cc/6uj1kz E-Law | Conceptual | 4-day visual design solo project During a UI workshop, we were asked to ‘reskin’ a charity website that was in need of a redesign. During the project, I developed my UI skills on Sketch: creating a style guide, mood board and learning the fundamentals of accessibility and colour. For more details, click here: http://tiny.cc/p1walz #Homeware, E-Commerce website | Conceptual | 2-week individual project For the conceptual independent homeware store, Hashtag Homewares, I created an E-commerce experience that combined a ‘small shop’ appeal, personal customer service features and clear, efficient ways for customers to be able to browse and purchase products. For more details, click here: http://tiny.cc/00walz Food On A Budget | Conceptual | 1-week individual design sprint I created the foundations of an app based on an individual’s unique pain-point. This involved designing and testing low-fidelity paper prototypes. For more details, click here: http://tiny.cc/ezwalz.
+ Show more
- Adobe Creative Suite
- UX Design
- User Research
- User Testing
- User Interviews
- Strategic Thinking
- Public Speaking
- Visual Design
- Art Direction
- Competitor Analysis
- Idea Generation
+ Show more