My name is Ricky Wesley Harriott, designer and founder of my Womenswear brand Wesley Harriott. Originally from Tottenham, London my love for art and design began very young. With a keen interest in Japanese anime and Comic books, I became focused on the strong powerful representations of women within these medias, I began to explore how to bring those empowering ideals into reality through sketching and design. Perusing my interest in design, I followed this pathway through college and university, and also interning with brands such as Richard Nicholl, Emilio De La Morena and Kenzo. With a strong desire to communicate my own ideals as an independent designer I began working to introduce my own brand Wesley Harriott, showcasing my first collection in September 2016. Wesley Harriott approaches women in a way that isn’t about enhancing their physicality but more so about amplifying perception and presence. My brand allows women to exist beyond gender ideals, presenting dynamic intelligent silhouettes that work as a uniform for dynamic intelligent women. The Wesley Harriott woman regards clothing as an extension of her power, like armour. She is street smart, and able to navigate through her city as if she built it herself, blurring the lines between civilian and superhero. These are the kind of women I attract and aspire to dress.Locked Pro Plan feature
• Assist Creative directors and design team with show preparation. • Assist Ateliers with finishing garments for Fashion week presentation. • Prepare and maintain showroom during Fashion Week. • Organise garments and models before runway show
• Closely assisting head designer and studio manager • Cutting garments for manufacture • Studio Maintenance • Client relations. • Fabric sourcing
• Pattern Cut garments for collection. • Studio maintenance. • Assist head designer with design development. • Organise packs for manufacture. • Fabric sourcing. • Organising and leading interns • Contributing to a positive team dynamic • Client relations
• Studio maintenance • Cut and organise garments for sampling • Work as a complimentary part of the existing studio team • Assist head designer and studio manager with multiple administrative tasks
• Designing trend driven collections to cater to the commercial markets in both the UK and France • Select Fabrics and colour stories to reflect seasonal and client briefs • Pattern cut for design ideas for sampling. • Sketch and illustrate design ideas. • Create specification drawings on Adobe Illustrator • Organise Packs for manufacturing.