Senior Art Director / Creative Director living and working in central London. Along the way, I've won over thirty awards, including a Gold DMA and two Cannes Lions. Most recently content work for British Gas achieved number 6 in the Top Ten Customer Engagement section of the Campaign Annual.
- British Gas - Energy's Grand JourneyThe story of how energy gets to your home might be close to the hearts of British Gas, but it's not something most people ever think about. Even an in-depth year of articles on the subject by The Guardian barely got a reaction from the British public. So we decided to do something a bit different. Within the larger journey are hundreds of really interesting little facts. We made these facts the stars and brought them to life as images and vines. Working with illustrator Tom Gauld, we turned rou
- Drinkaware - Ashtray to VaseBrief On 1st July 2007 smoking was banned in pubs, clubs and restaurants across England. The brief was to raise awareness of efforts to create healthier environments, while encouraging further donations to Cancer Research. Solution Glass ashtrays, which would soon be redundant, were collected from these places in specially-designed door-drop bags and transformed into unique handmade flower vases by a master craftsman. We then auctioned the vases on eBay with all proceeds going to Cancer Resea
- Long Live South Bank - Skateboard GraveyardI first skated the South Bank back in the late 1970s. It's remained a mecca for London’s skateboarders ever since, almost 40 years.In 2013, it was in danger of being lost - replaced by a development of shops and restaurants. Situated beside the Thames, it’s an area loved by Londoners and tourists out for a walk. The brief was to use this prime location to make people aware of the skatepark’s predicament and drive passing visitors to sign the petition. Using old skateboard decks from actual Sou
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Drinkaware - ExcusesDrinkaware, an alcohol awareness charity, have a unit calculator to let you know if you're drinking too much. Unfortunately, the very people who could benefit from using it, don't realise they need to. Telling 35+ professionals who drink at home that they are 'binge drinking' would simply make them reject the message. It's a sensitive subject so we had to be really careful how we approached it. The key was to get them to self-identify, by making them realise just how often they reach for the bottle. Executions, in press and online, subtly and ironically juxtaposed pairs of typical excuses to demonstrate just how easy it is to find an excuse for another drink. 250,000 people visited the 'MyDrinkaware' page to find out more about the calculator and 108,000 signed up to it. 15,000 people entered our Facebook competition and shared the most overused excuses for a drink.
Senior Art DirectorRod Broomfield Creative Limited
London, United KingdomFreelance
Working on a wide variety of projects, including a 4 year CRM programme for Boots, an integrated campaign for Farmer’s Milk, a pitch for Virgin Airlines and an experiential campaign for Haagen Daz. Agencies include Ogilvy, Proximity, Hangar 7 and Agency Space.
- London, United KingdomFull Time
"As the Creative Director of the British Gas account, I was responsible for both the digital and offline business. The direct side involved creating hard working DRTV, press and direct mail, which still managed to include the charm needed to make the work stand out. Over the time I ran the account, Brit- sh Gas saw a significant rise in effectiveness of the creative work across all channels. On the digital side, we produced more content than any other piece of business in OgilvyOne. Ranging from large budget planned projects,to fast turnaround responsive pieces and social campaigns."
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Creative Direction
- Social Advertising
- Direct Marketing
- CRM Campaigns
- Digital Advertising
- TV Advertising
- Press Advertising
- Radio Advertising