Ross McClure is a Northern Irish writer and director who loves to tell engaging stories with comedy, drama and a liberal dose of self awareness. He has a wealth of experience creating commercial content for clients like COSTA COFFEE, ELLESSE, HEINEKEN, INTERSPORT and PEUGEOT across all the major social platforms as well as for broadcasters like the BBC and CNN. He is currently working on a number of short film projects and developing ideas for longer form content. In 2020 he set up a production company called MAGIC EYE.
- Video Intro x SnickersScripted comedy is one of our first loves so we decided to make our own spot that emulates a favourite campaign from last year. Snickers has always had a strong sense of identity in their communications - immediate, straight to the point and funny scripts that make you shake your head in disbelief. We made this spec in the same spirit and I hope it puts a smile on your face, whether you were out for a drink with Carol last night or not!
- New Year, New Reel!To start our year with a bang we decided to make a killer new reel and hopefully we’ve pulled it off ;) Featuring social content for big brands, animated explainers for digital platforms and a selection of our award winning narrative work that has played in film festivals around the world. We would love to hear your thoughts so get in touch if you want to talk collaboration or caffeination!
- Dirty SallyThings get personal when renegade cop Dirty Sally investigates local drug kingpin, 'The Sugarman'. Shot on a single cartridge of Super8 film with no editing or post production for straight8 2021. Starring Kiva Murphy, Matthew Murtha, Aravind TM, Paulo Anderson, Angelina De Lucas, Atul Vijaykumar and Mario Cano Written and Directed by Ross McClure Produced by Regina Khanipova and Ross McClure 1st Assistant Director - Max Meroni Director of Photography - Peter Kreil Gaffer - Diego Iñiguez Sosa
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Top 10: career advice tips for 2023Job hunting? Thinking of pivoting your career? Struggling with motivation? Working with a tricky client? We’ve got you! We’ve put together our top 10 career-related questions for 2023 to help you navigate through the year ahead, no matter if you’re just starting out, or already have experience in the industry. Click through to see insights, advice and top tips from industry mentors and our brilliant Dots community. Got some thoughts of your own? Please add your own wisdom if you have anything42
- Here Comes the Thunder - Iceland World Cup SongThe smallest nation to ever qualify for the World Cup needs the biggest track. Taking inspiration from the Icelandic 'huh' we turned it up to 11 for this stadium rocking anthem. With the music video in the can it was time to get it out there. We got over 110k impressions on Twitter, 50k views on Facebook and to top it off had the track licenced for Fox Sport (USA) World Cup coverage of the Iceland team. Not bad for idea over a post work pint.
- Top 10: career advice tips for 2022Job hunting? Thinking of pivoting your career? Struggling with motivation? Wanting to grow your network? We’ve got you! We’ve put together our top 10 career-related questions for 2022 to help you navigate through the year ahead, no matter if you’re just starting out, or already have experience in the industry. Click through to see insights, advice and top tips from industry mentors and our brilliant Dots community. Got some thoughts of your own? Please add your own wisdom if you have anything60
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFreelance
Writer, director and redhead. My experience extends across a variety of digital video formats, genres and styles although specialise in narrative and comedy. With a background in camerawork and editing, I am technically minded and have a strong editorial head. Comfortable managing a team of creatives or working solo on a project, I like to make colourful, fun and engaging work that makes people smile. Always up for a chat too so do get in touch if you want to talk further! :)
+ Show more
- Creative Producing
- Content Producing