Ross McClure is a Northern Irish writer and director who loves to tell engaging stories with comedy, drama and a liberal dose of self awareness. With a background in camerawork and editing, he aims to make each project feel both personal and cinematic. In the future he wants to create features and series that share his love of diverse characters, outlandish ideas and eye catching visuals. His latest film INFLUENCERS ANONYMOUS – a black comedy about the dangers of too much social media – has played in a number of international festivals including BRITISH SHORTS in Berlin, PAPAYA ROCKS in London and the inaugural TOMORROW UNLOCKED FILM FESTIVAL. Ross also has a wealth of experience creating commercial content for clients like COSTA COFFEE, ELLESSE, HEINEKEN, INTERSPORT and PEUGEOT across all the major social platforms as well as for broadcasters like the BBC and CNN. He is currently working on a number of short film projects and developing ideas for longer form content. In 2020 he set up a production company called MAGIC EYE.
+ Show more
- Dirty SallyThings get personal when renegade cop Dirty Sally investigates local drug kingpin, 'The Sugarman'. Shot on a single cartridge of Super8 film with no editing or post production for straight8 2021. Starring Kiva Murphy, Matthew Murtha, Aravind TM, Paulo Anderson, Angelina De Lucas, Atul Vijaykumar and Mario Cano Written and Directed by Ross McClure Produced by Regina Khanipova and Ross McClure 1st Assistant Director - Max Meroni Director of Photography - Peter Kreil Gaffer - Diego Iñiguez Sosa
- Close Up And PersonalA film crew is put in a tricky spot by a member of the cast. Starring Michal Jankowski, Steve Lawrence, Bjorn Tobiasson and Dylan Thomson. Director - Ross McClure Writer - Steve Lawrence Producer - Dylan Thomson Cinematography - Bjorn Tobiasson Sound - Michal Jankowski WINNER - 7 Seconds International Film Festival 2021 - Best International Film WINNER - 7 Seconds International Film Festival 2021 - Best Director RUNNER UP - 7 Seconds International Film Festival 2021 - Best Editing OFFICIAL
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Here Comes the Thunder - Iceland World Cup SongThe smallest nation to ever qualify for the World Cup needs the biggest track. Taking inspiration from the Icelandic 'huh' we turned it up to 11 for this stadium rocking anthem. With the music video in the can it was time to get it out there. We got over 110k impressions on Twitter, 50k views on Facebook and to top it off had the track licenced for Fox Sport (USA) World Cup coverage of the Iceland team. Not bad for idea over a post work pint.
- Top 10: career advice tips for 2022Job hunting? Thinking of pivoting your career? Struggling with motivation? Wanting to grow your network? We’ve got you! We’ve put together our top 10 career-related questions for 2022 to help you navigate through the year ahead, no matter if you’re just starting out, or already have experience in the industry. Click through to see insights, advice and top tips from industry mentors and our brilliant Dots community. Got some thoughts of your own? Please add your own wisdom if you have anything49
- Take It Easy Take It Epic x IntersportWhen you go for an adventure do you like to take it EASY or take it EPIC? Spring Summer 2021 campaign for Intersport featuring a family having an EASY day out around a beautiful lake and a group of friends going on an EPIC trip up a mountain. Shot on location in Catalonia, Spain.1
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFreelance
Writer, director and redhead. My experience extends across a variety of digital video formats, genres and styles although specialise in narrative and comedy. With a background in camerawork and editing, I am technically minded and have a strong editorial head. Comfortable managing a team of creatives or working solo on a project, I like to make colourful, fun and engaging work that makes people smile. Always up for a chat too so do get in touch if you want to talk further! :)
+ Show more
- Creative Producing
- Content Producing