A dynamic user experience specialist with 10+ years global experience driving innovation for tech startups, agencies and some of the world’s biggest brands. As a Senior Associate of Experience Design at Publicis.Sapient, I lead multimillion Pound projects from strategy, through design and deployment. My role encompasses managing multidisciplinary creative teams, taking ownership of rigorous user research programmes and crucially, executing transformation in a way that is equally business and customer-centric. Recent clients include RBS Group, Bang & Olufsen, Costa and HSBC. My backbone in branding and product design makes me adept at working closely with development partners to deliver best-in-class user experiences. My work style is hands-on, experimental yet calculated, highly creative and always up for a challenge.
- Archival AfricaBrand ID for multidisciplinary Johannesburg based writer. Website now live at www.archivalafrica.com I tried to avoid any African design clichés, and instead focused on the concept of an archive. I utilised a contemporary serif with die cut holes punching through the type to convey this ongoing body of work — past, present and future.
- Beatguide AppBeatguide is a mobile app that allows you to prelisten to music to get a taste of what will be playing at an event, by innovatively plugging into Soundcloud's API. I worked with developers in Berlin to get Beatguide set up in 15 cities within 3 months, during which time it was selected by Red Bull Amplifier - a tech accellerator for music startups
- Studio ParkingtonDebra Parkington is an African curator of interior design pieces — having recently completed the interior for Africa's highest ever selling property in Bantry Bay, Cape Town. I created a bespoke logotype and monogram as well as UI system for showcasing her deluxe interior architecture projects.
- Pichulik AfricaPichulik creates rich and colourful African inspired jewellery. The website acts to showcase the brand in its quest for feminine simplicity and luxury. I worked closely with the owner to tailor the user journey, with an emphasis on eCommerce conversions. Before long, the Pichulik online platform was being shared by the likes of Elle Italy, Vogue Britain and Spain and CNN, and the founder lauded as a rising star of African fashion.
- Carbon.tvCarbon.tv is a motion graphics company out of Hong Kong that required a complete rebrand to mark their 10th anniversary. The new identity incorporates a custom geometric sans logotype with a sci-lo-fi hexagon icon that would carry across all communications. The emphasis was on simplification; creating a timeless and neutral visual language that would accompany the colourful motion graphics that the company has become renowned for. The rebrand also incorporated generation of the new tagline “A
- Vatic StudioVatic Studio have become renowned for their contemporary interpretations of African fashion via styling, art direction and photography. They commissioned me to devise their imagery-rich splash page. The result is a rotating gif gallery, showcasing the beautiful complexity of the fashion landscape in one of the world's most budding new creative centres.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- NatWest - propotyping for better borrowingRoyal Bank of Scotland briefed us in the Experience Design studio at SapientRazorfish to come up with ways to improve on the concept of the overdraft. Credit Wallet is one of the ideas we tested. Below the switch screens for existing customers - designed for user testing.
- Digital Design
- Creative Direction
- Innovation Management