Sophie currently holds the position of Fair Director at The Other Art Fair, an international fair for emerging artists presented by Saatchi Art. Over the past seven years, Sophie has been instrumental in developing the international editions of The Other Art Fair in Australia and the US. In 2018, she successfully launched the Chicago edition at Mana Contemporary, Pilsen, and re-positioned the Brooklyn fair to present as a key satellite fair during Frieze NY week. Sophie writes and presents bespoke lectures on art history and art investment for organizations such as The Times, The Wall Street Journal and Creative Mornings Field Trips. Sophie has curated a variety of artist-led projects, working with artists from across the globe, and coordinated cultural partnerships with organizations such as Soho House & Co, The Big Issue and the Inside Out project. She sits on the board of The Sketchbook Project, Brooklyn, and contributes as a Development Committee member to Hospital Rooms, London. She is passionate about professional development for creative individuals; she mentors students and teaches short courses at the University of Arts London and was a 2019/20 Dedicated Mentor at New Inc, the first museum-led incubator for art, technology and design located in NYC. In addition to her work with contemporary artists, Sophie’s interests lie in history and classical music. She has worked in the Archives at the National Portrait Gallery, London, and presented academic talks at the Handel & Hendrix Museum, London. She received an M.St. in History of Art from the University of Oxford and a BA Hons (First Class) in Music from Durham University. She is currently based in London with travel to New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Toronto.
- The Visible Artist PodcastHosted and produced by Sophie Loxton Lucas, The Visible Artist podcast features talented artists and their paths to success within the creative world. Alongside conversations with an array of practicing artists, Sophie chats to leading art world individuals who share their insights into working with artists. The Visible Artist podcast is a must-listen for any artists looking to make their mark in today’s art world. Follow the show @thevisibleartistpodcast www.thevisibleartistpodcast.com Podc
- UAL Short Course: How to Promote and Fund Your Work as an ArtistI teach a short online course ‘How to Promote and Fund your Work as an Artist’ at Central Saint Martins, London. This course is open to all and can be accessed from across the globe. Each session is interactive with all participants sharing ideas and details about their practice.
- The Other Art Fair Chicago #2I led the second edition of The Other Art Fair Chicago at Mana Contemporary, Pilsen. Highlights included: a series of Stir Creativity workshops with Bombay Sapphire; a Friday Late programme with AMFM; Creative Mornings Field Trips, a Sofar Sounds evening and four murals commissioned from local Chicago artists.
- The Other Art Fair Brooklyn #3I re-positioned the Brooklyn fair to present as a key satellite fair during Frieze NY week. Located in the heart of Greenpoint, the fair showcased 130 emerging artists and a variety of projects including a live visitor tattoo installation with Scott Campbell, a mobile library hosted by The Sketchbook Project, a mural created by artist Ellen Rutt, panel discussions within the Saatchi Art lounge and an illustration feature with Amber Vittoria. www.theotherartfair.com
- The Other Art Fair Chicago - Launch EditionI launched the Chicago edition of The Other Art Fair at Mana Contemporary, in Pilsen. Within the beautiful warehouse space, the fair presented 110 emerging artists and a host of cultural partners, including guest artist Hebru Brantley, Little Black Pearl, Mini USA, The Neo-Futurists, AMFM, The Ace Hotel and Soho House & Co. chicago.theotherartfair.com www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/09/the-other-art-fair-chicago
Projects credited in
- The Brooklyn Virtual Edition FairEnjoy art differently this May 11-16 at our Brooklyn Virtual Edition Fair in partnership with BOMBAY SAPPHIRE®, where you can experience everything you love about The Other Art Fair online and for free from anywhere in the world. Browse and shop artworks by 100+ independent artists, plus get your creative juices flowing with free online workshops, digital art projects, talks and tours. Find out more and register to preview the online event on May 11: http://toaf.com/TheDots3
- The Other Art Fair SydneyThe Other Art Fair is celebrated as the leading artist fair for connecting art buyers directly with the very best emerging artists. Founded by Ryan Stanier in 2011, the life of the fair has seen the successful launch of twelve editions in London and Bristol. In September 2015 The Other Art Fair went international; a launch event that fully cemented the Fair into Sydney’s cultural calendar. Welcoming 9,000 visitors through the doors of Ambush Gallery Central Park, the fair exhibited 70+ of Austr
+ Show more
- Event Management
- Art Curation
- Event Curation
- Academic Writing