Hi I'm Sophie! I'm an extremely versatile designer and have recently graduated with a UAL First Class BA Honours Degree in Graphic Design and Illustration. I enjoy working across multiple disciplines including Social Media Content Creation, Branding, and Print Design, approaching every project with enthusiasm, a positive mindset, and a drive to succeed. My previous clients include the RSPB, MAD//Fest, University Centre South Essex, and LILO Web Design. I am currently working as a part time Content Creator for Unibeez, and I’m really proud to be part of an amazing startup which is striving to revolutionise traditional recruitment processes and bridge the gap between education and employment. I am currently searching for a full-time Graphic Design/Content Creator opportunity at Graduate/Junior Level, preferably based in London.
- VOGUE X Pedro Pascal CoversElevating my portfolio game with a touch of elegance and a dash of Pedro Pascal’s charm on the Vogue cover - where he undeniably belongs! Pedro is one of my personal inspirations - despite being exceptionally talented, his resilience and perseverance in respect of how hard he worked to break into the industry, and the barriers he overcame to follow and achieve his dreams, are truly remarkable. He deserves all the success that comes his way and I really hope that he’ll be chosen to grace the cove
- Unibeez: Content CreationUnibeez is an on demand talent platform for early talent, and a fast-growing startup which aims to bridge the gap between education and employment by transforming and revolutionising traditional recruitment processes. As a Content Creator for the brand, I assist with Graphic Design, Video creation, and the development of social media (Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn) content, to promote the Unibeez talent acquisition platform to current University students, recent Graduates, and Employers. My ro
- UCSE Student Planner 23-24The wonderful HE Student Support team at the University Centre South Essex asked me to create a cover design for their 2023-2024 student planner! They requested a cover which is loosely based on the Next Wave concept which I helped to develop from last year’s Graphic Design & Illustration degree show. They also wanted the cover to reflect and celebrate the diverse and inclusive student community across the University Centre campuses. I chose to incorporate a team huddle with hands in the middle,
- IDENTIFLYIdentifly is a self-directed project that was completed towards the end of my second year of University. I was fortunate enough to be able to develop this project with support from the RSPB's Community Engagement Team, with whom I communicated regularly to receive invaluable advice, feedback, information, and resources in relation to the subject area. When deciding on a topic for my self-directed unit, I knew that I wanted to work on a project which incorporated my love for nature and my passi
- Blinding Lights Alternative Vinyl CoverAs part of a personal project, I have been creating alternative vinyl artwork for some of my favourite songs, with one of these being Blinding Lights by The Weeknd. I created an alternative front cover design for a remix-style LP which sees Abel (The Weeknd) being engulfed by the overpowering city lights. This, combined with the glitch-style typography, represents the state of intoxication and the feelings of loneliness which are described throughout the song.
- MAD//Fest London: Social MediaIn February 2022, I completed a one-week work experience placement with Legra Marketing, a Leigh-On-Sea based Marketing Agency. During this placement I had the opportunity to work on developing Instagram and LinkedIn content for MAD//Fest London, the UK's most distinctive marketing, advertising, and disruption festival, which takes place annually at The Old Truman Brewery in Shoreditch. The purpose of these social media posts ranged from promoting MAD//Fest's newsletter - MAD//Insight, to highli
+ View all
London, United KingdomPart Time
As a Content Creator I am responsible for assisting the team with Graphic Design, Video creation, and the development of social media (Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn) content, to promote the Unibeez talent acquisition platform to current University students, recent Graduates, and Employers. My role involves working alongside the sales and commercial teams to devise content plans and execute the creation of assets.
Work Experience PlacementLILO
- London, United KingdomInternship
I completed a one week work experience placement with LILO Web Design at the beginning of February 2022. During this placement I had the opportunity to acquire a detailed insight into website design and development, project management, and SEO. Throughout the week I assisted the team with a range of project work, which primarily involved analysing the mobile responsiveness of existing client websites and presenting my findings and recommendations within UX proposals. Completing this placement was invaluable and has not only enhanced my professional development as a designer/digital creative, but also my overall personal development.
+ Show more
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Indesign
- Content Creation
- Creative Thinking
- Social Media
+ Show more
UAL Student Of The YearUniversity Centre South Essex (UAL)Awarded as part of South Essex's College annual 'Celebrating Success' event which recognises student achievement. I was nominated for the award for my professional manner and my proactive attitude to work (see below nomination statement from my tutors). “Sophie has approached her work placement unit in a professional manner since day one and her proactive manner has meant that she secured many work placement opportunities, including working with the RSPB on her own self-directed project. Sophie has been a really great peer mentor throughout the academic year and all her interactions with employers have helped prepare her for the professional world when she completes the course next year.” https://www.southessex.ac.uk/celebrating-success-2022-sophie-wade