- Native Sessions: BarsNative Instruments launched Native Sessions Bars; a global event series exploring underground rap, R&B, and grime. Having been hosted in Berlin, London, Paris, Tokyo, L.A., Toronto, and Mexico City, with performances, discussions, and workshops, the Native Sessions events featured some of the freshest, and most experimental names in the global scene. In London, we focussed on grime, rap, MC culture and more - the ultimate UK sound. P Money, Ms Banks, Jaykae, Steel Banglez, DJ Target, Sir Spyro,
- Komplete SketchesKomplete Sketches is a series of 48 sonic sketches presented as video experiences that celebrate the sound of forward-thinking electronic music - one of them was focused on experimental electronic music, and the other one was focused on hip-hop and grime. Each sketch is made exclusively with the instruments and effects I provided to the artists. We then organized exclusive artist interviews and additional videos around the sketches created. All sketches were showcased on a microsite that offered
- Native Instruments x Atlas ElectronicI partnered up with Atlas Electronic, a festival in Marrakech that has a big part of their festival dedicated to supporting local talent. We were looking to set up a program to give a positive and pushing impulse to upcoming artists in Morocco within the electronic music and hip-hop scenes. Atlas provided a platform to all sort of creative thinkers and makers and we offered access to resources and professional gear. Through our joint program, Native Instruments elevated the local scene and offer
- The Traktor CookeryThe Traktor Cookery was born as 'The Traktor Cookery School' in 2012 in a small cooking school right between the Dylan and Felix Meritis, the two main conference locations of Amsterdam Dance Event. Bringing together what many long knew to be a match made in heaven - food and music - the event quickly became one of the music community's favorite places to meet, not only throughout the conference but the year. The event's aim was to create a space for artists to show off their cooking skills in a
- Artist content: FlowdanIn the run up to Native Sessions in London, we caught up with grime legend Flowdan in his Archway studio to discuss the journey from MC to producer, why he started the imprint SpentShell, and how he uses MASCHINE to create his trademark sound. We pitched the idea and lead the team from our London offices.
- Artist content: Metrist & Akiko HarunaBrighton-based, alternative-techno and Timedance producer Metrist, a.k.a. Joseph Higgins, along with experimental audio artist Akiko Haruna have recently been working together on a new project that combines the two producer's relative attributes, entitled KCOSAINT. With both producers having earned a reputation for unorthodox sound design aesthetics and out-there, forward-thinking beats, I decided to get in touch to find out what particular tools go into their creative process. I worked closely
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Flowdan: From MC to Producer.In the run-up to Native Sessions: Bars in London, NI caught up with grime legend Flowdan in his Archway studio. The video discusses his journey from MC to producer using Maschine, as well as working with other artists, such as PK and GHSTLY XVII, and why he started the imprint SpentShell.We pitched the idea, drew up the content plan and lead the team from our London offices. This video was the most successful piece of content in April 2018 for Native Instruments.
- Native Sessions: BarsNative Sessions is a global event series, taking place in London, LA, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Toronto. The event is all about showcasing and exploring music; from production approaches to songwriting and harnessing creativity. The 2018 iteration was themed around the 'Urban'. The London event was hosted at Barbican Centre on April 2018 and focussed on all things UK Rap and Grime. I oversaw this project and managed many of the event coordination duties, including liaising with suppliers, brief