Thea Hamrén is a partner and Creative Director at creative innovation agency First Lady, sister agency Mr. President, formed in 2018. A Swedish Hyper Island alumni, she has worked in New York, Stockholm and London, previously at Syrup and DigitasLBi with clients like Sony, Coca-Cola, Martini, Bacardì, Greenpeace, The Body Shop, The Guardian & Macmillan Cancer Support. When she's not saving tigers partnering up with the biggest LOL-cats online, hacking twitter, running on the Formula 1 grid in Monza or drawing unicorns she is a keen lecturer and mentor for creative schools. Thea was the winner of SheSays Industry Award 2016 and selected as one of the BIMA 100 people driving the digital industry in the UK. She was named 'One of the most creative women in the world' by the Drum 2018. 2021 She's been judging both The Webbys and Purpose Awards. Her expertise lies in digital storytelling and creating purpose-driven communication.
- 'Connection Lost' - GreenpeaceAs the covid-19 situation turned everything upside down Greenpeace were hit hard, just as many other charities and organisations, seeing a massive drop in donations resulting in important long-term projects coming to a halt. First Lady jumped on a quick turnaround rapid response brief from Greenpeace Nordics, looking at how we could engage people to continue their support for Greenpeace's work with animals around the globe. Within 5 working days our social fundraising campaign 'Connection Lost'
- The Body Shop Mother's Day 'Treat mum like a queen'For Mother’s Day 2015, The Body Shop were running a global in-store campaign called Treat Her Like A Queen. They wanted us to turn this thought in a shareable film with international appeal. The initial question we asked ourselves was, ‘How does HM The Queen actually spend Mother’s Day?’. Even in Buckingham Palace, where everything is taken care of, wouldn’t it be lovely if Charles still made some personal effort for his dear Mum… We teamed up with BAFTA-winning artist & film-maker, Alison Jackson – famed for her work with lookalikes – to bring to life Charles’ faltered but heartwarming efforts at preparing a Mother’s Day morning for The Queen. Complete with royal Corgi’s, Camilla’s interfering hands and Harry’s peachy buttocks, the film received national press and exceeded 2m views on Facebook by the time the big day rolled around. We even teamed up with Elizabeth Windsor @Queen_UK on Twitter, who posted to legions of adoring followers her suspicions that Charles was planning something. The Body Shop UK said it’s proved to be the most successful piece of film content that the brand has ever created. It’s also probably one of most bizarre shoots we’re ever undertaken.
- GREENPEACE: CATS SAVE TIGERSGreenpeace wanted to generate awareness of their Save the Tigers initiative, and reach a younger audience not familiar to Greenpeaces work. The idea? The biggest cats online, save the biggest cats in the wild. On July 29th 2014 – International Tiger Day – we launched a cat video with a mission. The world’s favourite social felines, including Lil BUB, Princess Monster Truck, Nala Cat, Spangles and more, came together to save the tigers on International Tiger Day. The Cats Save Tigers film is
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Uber LibreTo celebrate Cuban Independence Day, we gave Londoners a taste of freedom. The objective: We needed to get guys to stop ordering Rum and Cokes, and start ordering BACARDÍ Cuba Libres with lime. The strategy: The original Cuba Libre cocktails were created in the early 1900s to celebrate the end of the Cuban War of Independence by bringing together the BACARDÍ Gold of Cuban Revolutionaries and US soldiers’ cola rations. They toasted ‘Por Cuba Libre!’ and an original drink of freedom was born. This history has been lost on our consumer, with the cocktail becoming a generic bar staple. In addition, we knew ordering a drink at the bar is hugely important to our demographic’s self image. A rum and coke is ordered dozens of times on any given night, but lacks in excitement and cache. Combining these two factors, we needed to give guys a new bar call, bringing meaning and symbolism back to the cocktail, and allow the brand to own the serve. The execution: To celebrate Cuban Independence Day, we partnered with car service partner, UBER, to give Londoners a taste of freedom. For one night only, users could log onto the Uber app, hit the BACARDÍ bat icon and nominate their friend who was stuck in an undesirable situation to receive the drink. One of ten mixologists, paired with a driver then delivered the free, freshly mixed BACARDÍ Cuba Libre with lime, right to their door. We tracked the cars and conversation to help fuel the chatter in real-time. The results: Uber Libre a huge success, with the #UberLibre hashtag reaching 6.7 million people, and trended on Twitter. Heavy influencers in our demographic picked up on it and engaged in the activation, and there were more social mentions for BACARDÍ Cuba Libre in a 48-hour window in the UK than the whole of last year combined.
- Greenpeace: Cats Save TigersThe biggest cats in online save the biggest cats in the wild Greenpeace wanted to generate awareness of their Save the Tigers initiative, and reach a younger audience not familiar to Greenpeaces work. The idea? The biggest cats online, save the biggest cats in the wild. On July 29th 2014 – International Tiger Day – we launched a cat video with a mission. The world’s favourite social felines, including Lil BUB, Princess Monster Truck, Nala Cat, Spangles and more, came together to save the tige8
- The Body Shop Gift Rescue TeamUsing mind reading antlers to get the answers… Body Shop came to us with a simple task: let guys know that they no longer need to feel stumped when buying gifts for their lady friends this Christmas. It’s a common misconception that women are notoriously hard to buy for – you just need to know where to start. So, for all the bewildered fellas out there, we created a film for BodyShop with YouTuber and all round nice guy, Jim Chapman, to show the world what women want under their Christmas Tre1
+ Show more
Creative PartnerFirst Lady
Stockholm, SwedenFull Time
First Lady is a creative innovation agency based in Stockholm, Sweden, and a partner agency to Mr. President London.
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Creative Direction
- Online Campaigns
- Outdoor Campaigns
- Print Campaigns
- TV Campaigns
+ Show more