I’m a senior creative, specialising in the coming together of concept, technology and design to create impactful experiences. The last four years I've spent as CD & creative lead at Random Studio in Amsterdam. Previously I have worked for Local Projects in New York, and have been part the senior design team of United Visual Artists in London. Achievements I'm most proud of as of late were challenges in project management and creative direction. They include artistic installations and pop-ups, as well as delivering the first real 30+ player interactive LED court for Nike, designing for live performances with Beyonce & Massive Attack and developing a complex 21 robotic pendulum installation for the exciting MONA museum in Tasmania. The success of these projects depended on the combination of my technical background in terms of interaction design with a visual eye and understanding of client and brand experience. Achievements I'm most proud of as of late were mostly challenges in project management and creative direction. They include delivering the first real 30+ player interactive LED court for Nike, designing for live performances with Beyonce & Massive Attack and developing a complex 21 robotic pendulum installation for the enthralling MONA museum in Tasmania. These success of these projects depended on the combination of my technical background in terms of interaction design with a visual eye and understanding of client and brand experience.
- A spatial listening experience for Bottega VenetaTo showcase Daniel Lee’s AW 2020 collection for Bottega Veneta in Seoul, we were enlisted to design a pop-up experience and store scenography. Drawing inspiration from its location next to the iconic Hyundai Card Music Library, we created a spatial listening experience based on the ‘Acousmonium’ sonic installations as pioneered by Francois Bayle in the 1970s.
- PERPETUUMInspired by the backdrop of our fast-paced environment, ‘Perpetuum’ was conceived as a kinetic, revolving landscape that invites people to explore, pause and reflect. Three rotating rings orbit around a central light sculpture, generating evolving compositions, and layering colour onto the dynamic architecture.
- Nike Rise 2.0As part of Nike’s 2015 Rise campaign of Greater China, we designed and developed the Interactive Court, that would feature in the later stages of the competition. This Court was the first fully interactive LED court in the world, able to track up to 30 players on the court simultaneously.
- A Timeless Store for CHANELFor the launch of the new J12 watch, we (at Random Studio) designed a takeover of Chanel's iconic Place Vendôme boutique taking control over time through light. Synchronising all light, sky gradients within the store evoked the precise moments described by Chanel's muses; Naomi Campbell, Claudia Schiffer, Vanessa Paradis, Lily Rose Depp and others recalled their most precious moments, as the building illustrated their words. The illusion reached its peak in the Grand Salon: the iconic view out
- Massive Attack World Tours 2014-2016For Massive Attack’s 2014 Tour we designed as part of United Visual Artists a stage with kinetic, rotating LED Mesh panels whilst also directing the overall visual design and sequencing of the Tour’s individual tracks. For the 2016 Tour stage design centred around a central protruding section of LED, reminiscent of the Google Search bar. Content was designed to interact with this physical statement.
- Our Time (UVA)Our Time was UVA's most ambitious kinetic installation to date. 21 two-axis robotic pendulums swayed in harmonic patterns, swinging from natural pendulum motion to impossibly slow choreographies, stretching the acceptance of the audience. It was the culmination of the combined expertise of the studio, pushing the boundaries in kinetic control, engineering, light and sound design.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- NIKE RISE CHINAChina is a nation of passionate young ballers. However, no one encourages these amateur players and they have very little access to quality training and facilities. Consequently, these kids lack the self-belief and confidence to progress in the sport they love. We set out to change this by taking 30 regular players from diverse backgrounds on an incredible journey to show the whole nation that the ability to RISE is in all of us. We trained them intensely for 6 weeks, using elite coaches from
- Nike Rise 2.0The Idea Celebrate the incredible journey of China’s most devoted youth as the greatest athletes in the world push 30 individuals to the limit. Whilst sharing their stories through exhilarating weekly shows proves to the next generation of players that the ability to Rise is in all of us. Building on the accomplishments of House of Mamba, develop an unparalleled, fully connected training ecosystem comprising a simple and intuitive coaching app, an exemplary tracking system, and a fully reactive
Creative Director, Creative LeadRandom Studio
- Amsterdam, NetherlandsFull Time
At Random Studio artists and engineers collaborate with brands to create installations, experiences and platforms where digital space blends with the physical world. Through our works, we experiment with technology to spark curiosity and form new and unexpected connections between people, and the environments around them. Random Studio has been commissioned internationally by brands and institutions including Apple, Chanel, Hermés, Het Nieuwe Instituut, Louis Vuitton and the Cinekid Foundation. The studio has collaborated with the likes of Raf Simons, Margiela, Olafur Eliasson, and others.
Art Director, Creative LeadLocal Projects
- New York, United StatesFull Time
Local Projects is an award winning experience design and strategy firm based in New York that specializes in interactive, innovative multimedia design for museums, cultural institutions and public spaces. They are known for their innovative approach to storytelling and interaction, forefronting a culture of prototyping and iterative design.
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Information Design
- Computational Design
- Technical Direction
- Project Management
- Creative Direction
- Creative Coding
- Concept Development
- Data Visualisation