I am a fun loving, optimistic, ideas based graphic designer with a constant desire to learn. I have a particular interest in editorial design, but I like to explore all elements of design and also other disciplines such as printmaking and photography. Experimentation is a key part of my design process as I try to make my work look unique and stand out.
- D&AD New Blood, Google & HMCT: Epidemic™The Challenge: Find a genre, song or musical movement that best represents a cause and use typography to bring it to life. The Solution: A record that raises the awareness of the opioid epidemic with songs that detail the reality of the epidemic focusing on prescription opioids.
- ISTD 2020: How Math Won the LotteryThe Challenge: Change the way we think about numbers, fire your audience’s imagination to see the world with fresh eyes and shine a new light on how numbers intertwine with our lives. The Solution: A book that describes how math has been used to win the lottery. Sharing two stories of how individuals have cracked the lottery system, as well as tips to improve your odds.
- Design_WatchlistThe Challenge: Due to Covid 19 many degree shows across the country have been cancelled. Many opportunities for soon to be graduates are no longer scheduled to happen. In response to this I wanted to create a way to promote students graduating this year as well as recent graduates, to allow for other designers and design agencies to see their work. The Solution: A design sharing page on Instagram that shares the work of graphic design students, soon to be graduates and recent graduates. On desi
- D&AD New Blood, Audible: Life ChangesThe Challenge: Persuade ‘Leisure Upgraders’ in the UK, that their needs and attitudes suit the Audible service, and drive them to sign up to an Audible 30-day free trial using an Out of Home (OOH) campaign. The Solution: Show how Audible fits into people's lives during the big and little changes, by highlighting the changes that they are experiencing and showing how Audible can help and suit their needs.
- D&AD New Blood, Intel: Why Buy Without IntelThe Challenge: Put Intel at the heart of consumer purchase by encouraging customers to prioritise Intel devices and increase the company’s relevance in PC and laptop purchases. Making Intel a priority when buying a computer. The Solution: To highlight the importance of making sure that a computer has Intel, we have created a multimedia campaign to show how absurd something is, when you take something necessary out of an object or situation.
- Absolute Internship: Bizzi GrowinThe Challenge: With an ambition to move away from small gifts into bigger parenting purchases, the brand needed help in communicating their new position in the market and a fresh brand personality to engage with their customers. The Solution: Playful and witty messaging tie into a wonderful graphical language. Coupled with 3D typography, magical flourishes and a high quality colour palette all designed to appeal to appeal to style conscious mums and dads.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- University of Cumbria, Institute of the Arts, BA (Hons) Graphic Design and BA (Hons) IllustrationIt’s personality, passion and the quality of the work in a portfolio that gets students a job in the creative industries, and that’s what the degree courses in Graphic Design and Illustration at the University of Cumbria develop in our graduates. The extensive feedback, support and guidance students receive throughout their studies means that they leave as flexible, fully prepared, highly motivated, professional designers and illustrators, ready to hit the ground running and with the confidence11
- Cumbria Wildlife | Eycott HillA series of banners designed for Cumbria Wildlife’s 5 year project at Eycott Hill. The banners draw inspiration from the design of topographic and ordinance survey maps. The banners showcase the most exciting facts, whilst focusing on the positive impacts of the project.
In-House Graphic DesignerCranstons
- Penrith, United KingdomPart Time
Working in the marketing team at a butchers and makers with stores across Cumbria. This includes working from the brand guidelines to create a range of promotional materials working to short deadlines.
Graphic Design InternB&W Studio
- Leeds, United KingdomInternship
Generating ideas and designing work for multiple briefs for a range of clients. Including creating sixty icons, coming up with multiple packaging designs and implementing branding on other projects.
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Art Direction
- Logo Design