Came from the big city of Hong Kong to a small town in East Midlands, I love to depict the ups and downs of everyday life through illustrations, and use my skills to solve design problems. Apart from illustrations & graphic design, I am also interested in other types of arts such as photography and editorial designs.
- Student Art Pass Profile PitchPeriod of Brief: 1 week The Profile Pitch competition from Student Art Pass wanted young designers to re-design their Instagram profile picture. The design will need to incorporate the Student Art Pass card, and only use the brand colours they have provided in the brief. The opportunities the Student Art pass can bring are amusing, and truly “eye-opening”, so I wanted to create a design that highlights the Art pass card, but also captures the joy you can gain from new opportunities and experi
- D&AD New Blood 2020 - HSBCPeriod of Brief: 10 weeks The main objective of this project is to showcase HSBC’s global brand promise “Together we thrive” in an airport setting. My illustration showcased a floating island, which houses a community of bird-like creatures, with all their interactions and little details of the environment on display. Focusing on easing the stress and entertaining people during stressful, long dwelling moments in an airport, and help build up traveller’s positive association towards the HSBC
- Penguin’s Children’s cover award 2020Period of Brief: 4 weeks For Penguin’s Children’s cover award, students are tasked to design a cover look for Goodnight Mister Tom, with specific design template, incorporating the Puffin branding and other specified elements like the barcode. “Two scenes happening in the same timeline” is the inspiration behind the cover design, with the top section depicting St Paul’s surrounded by smoke and fire, while the bottom half showing Willie, Mister Tom, and Sammy running happily in the countryside.
- Photography book: The HuntPeriod of Brief: 5 weeks To develop photography skills, students need to convey information through a multitude of aesthetically and conceptually interconnected photographic images. Images can be presented in any format with no limitations on the narrative. Based on a nightmare I had, I have created a photo book, depicting the horrific thought process of a child kidnapper. Following their actions till the very end of their “hunt”. Requirement: A series of ten or more photographs.
- Graphic Narrative: MemosPeriod of Brief: Mar 2019-May 2019 After the course trip to Prague, students are tasked to create a short graphic narrative. The graphic narrative must relate in some way to the Prague visit. The aim is to develop drawing / image-making, writing, and narrative skills and to tell a sequential story for adult readers. Requirement: An 8-page graphic short story as a digitised graphic narrative.
- Big BookPeriod of Brief: 4 weeks Taking some stories from the Cautionary tales for children by Hilaire Belloc, students worked as groups of 5 to recreate those stories and produce multiple copies of a single designed book. Requirement: To have a printed book presented. Group members: Alex Barlow, Harry Wall, Reece Maudlin, Sophie Koch, Yan Tsai Cheung My group’s project earned the Highly Commended for Best In-House Printed Product award from the 2019 Association of Creative and Print Managers in Ed
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Loughborough University, BA (Hons) Graphic Communication and IllustrationLoughborough University is proud to showcase the work of its 'Graphic Communication and Illustration’ graduates. Through their studies, these students have acquired the professional skills and training for a career in the creative industries. Combining theory and practice, from a grounding in the application of visual research and methods, applying core skills in illustration, typography and photography. This exhibition demonstrates the diversity of this talent, by students who are capable of47
Design InternHong Kong Design Centre
- Wong Chuk Hang, Hong KongFull Time
- Assist guests and program staff. - Data entering and administration work. - Redesign presentation materials. - Organize and update the company website.
Teaching AssistantPlay Art Kids + My Education Centre
- Hung Hom, Hong KongPart Time
- Assist & negotiate with parents. - Lesson planning for English & Art classes. - Assist teachers to carry out lessons.
+ Show more
- Digital Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Digital Illustration
- Branding Design
- Multimedia Design
- Concept art
- Editorial Design
- Layout Design
BA (Hons) Graphic Communication and IllustrationLoughborough University
- Loughborough, United Kingdom
- Big Book Project earning the Highly Commended for Best In-House Printed Product award from 2019 Association of Creative and Print Managers in Education (ACPME) awards.
Art Foundation DiplomaLoughborough University
- Epinal Way, Loughborough LE11 3TU, UK
- Obtained Distinction - Award for Excellence
+ Show more
Highly Commended for Best In-House Printed Product awardLoughborough UniversityBig Book Project earning the Highly Commended for Best In-House Printed Product award from 2019 Association of Creative and Print Managers in Education (ACPME) awards.
Award for ExcellenceLoughborough UniversityAward was given at the end of the Loughborough Art Foundation.