My name is Yana Binaev, I am a photographer, dancer, writer / poet, trader & investor and a polyglot, as one, I speak 6 languages. As a passionate equality advocate I often express and translate ideas through my creative work. I aim to raise awareness towards diversity, race and gender equality through my work which are topics of high importance to me since I can remember myself. I create documentary photography projects that tell unique stories. I focus on portrait photography, photography of women and diverse communities events and BTS (behind the scenes) on sets of film and music videos. In my life journey so far, I had the chance to live in 5 different countries and learn to speak 6 different languages, what helps me understand the world, different cultures, and mentalities on a deeper level, and what eventually lead me to be doing what I am doing today and sharing my inner world and perspective through my work. Dance has been present in my life since a young age. The main focus has been on Bellydance most of my life but at an older age, I discovered my passion for Afrobeats, through which I brought to life the concept of Afrobellydance. More about the variety of creative projects can be found on my website. I hope you enjoy looking through the work!
- ‘No Bleach For Me' - Documentary Project by Yana Binaev‘No Bleach For Me’ Documentary Photojournalism Project Creative Direction and Photography by Yana Binaev Follow us on Instagram: @nobleachforme | @yanabinaev Visit: www.yanabinaev.com/no-bleach-for-me-project A message from the photographer. ‘No Bleach For Me’ is a Documentary Photography Project focusing on Brown and Black beauty. Where does it come from and why did I do it? It comes from my love and admiration to brown and black women and the passion towards race and gender equality.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Pocket Magazine Issue #001www.pocketmagazine.com A pocket-sized magazine that wants to share stories that connect, move and inspire. This issue features tips, insights and interviews from young curators that are in the creative industry. www.pocketmagazine.co.uk *Editor Letter* Ite so boom! I really don’t want you to see Pocket as a traditional print publication that you may be used to. I want to shake things up a little bit and make print feel more digital. A part of it being pocket sized is because creating short-for
- Beta Club Community Spotlight: Yana BinaevYana is a valued member of The Dots Beta Club - helping to shape the future of The Dots and share feedback on new features. If you’re interested in joining our Beta Club to have your say, gain early access to new features and get invites to Open Studio events, drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BAME Freedom Festival 2018DESCRIPTION This festival is about educating, entertaining and empowering the BAME community in London to be the change we want to see in the world. Between the 16th and18th of November, we're going to have a weekend full of amazing panels, keynotes, classes, and parties as well as a live Podcast recording, an art exhibition, food and drinks merchants, pop-ups and so much more. Get your tickets here #BFFest2018 Street food provided by Lime Hut with vegetarian and nonvegetarian Caribbean dishes15
- BAME Freedom FestivalEducate. Entertain. Empower. This festival is about educating, entertaining and empowering the BAME community in London to be the change we want to see in the world. Between the 16th and 18th of November, we're going to have a weekend full of amazing panels, keynotes, classes, and parties as well as a live Podcast recording, an art exhibition, food and drinks merchants, pop-ups and so much more. Experience the festival FAQs WHY IS THERE A TICKET PRICE? BAME Freedom Festival is in support of P4
- 6 Languages
- Social Media
- Creative Direction
- Writing Poetry
- Public Speaking
- Public Relations
- Content Creation
- Blog Writing
- Brand Collaboration