- Event Review : ‘Truth Is A Beautiful Thing’ London Grammar.Some people enjoy welcoming the new week in the comfort of their own home. Others enjoy being in the middle of a writhing mass of people, all revelling in a phenomenal performance accompanied with outstanding vocals. Amongst the countless UK concerts offering the most diverse and creative events, London Grammar, outshined the rest, soaring into the top ranks. The prospective line up was sewn to excellency, the trio accompanied by LA based band, LO MOON as their opening act. Earning their top sp
- Grenfell should’ve not been a reality check...Residents stood at their windows watching flames approach their apartments, others woken up by the sound of sirens, passing through a smoke filled hallway and that was just the tip of the horror show. Panicked screams immersed the building as many fearful residents observed what used to be turn into a haunted memory of the past as they watched the treacherous fire engulf their homes. What will be known for many years to come as Britain’s worst fire tragedy, a deadly orange light that forced its
- ‘Fences’ depicts marriage is more beneficial for men than womenSet in 1950s Pittsburgh, depicting the life of Troy Maxson played by Denzel Washington. The somber film follows the life of Troy who once dreamed of becoming a professional baseball player, but was deemed too old to play. Current day Troy holds a steady job as a garbage collector, supporting his wife and son. The outcome of his misfortune creates a bitter undercurrent leading him to develop a passive aggressive personality that is often unleashed when he drinks. This unsolved bitterness is also
- Get The Look: Faux Lashes While faux lashes are one of the easiest ways to "up" your makeup game, the endless options and application process can be intimidating to some! We've outlined some easy steps that will ensure a seamless application and result in gorgeous faux flutter. 1. Pick a true-to-you style. Perfect faux lashes look best when they mirror your existing eye shape or enhance what you’ve already got. 2. Choose your lash type. Our favourite lashes range from near “disposable” sets to lust-worthy investment pieces. Brands like House of Lashes are cruelty-free and only use human and synthetic hair. If you're on a budget, makeup pros everywhere know there’s no better bargain than Ardelle, whose Demi Wispies are a cult favourite. If you’re looking for an investment lash with high style, you’ll want to check out Esqido lashes or Velour for photo shoot-worthy fauxs. 3. Trim your faux lashes to fit your eyes. The very first step in your application process should be popping those beauties out of the box and doing a little measuring. Since not all eyes are the same size, take a minute to see how the lashes fit your eye shape. 4. Prepare your natural lashes. Before you begin, it's also a good idea to give your natural lashes a light coat of your favourite mascara so they have something to hold onto. 5. Wait 10secs after applying glue to lash When you’re ready to apply, squeeze a little glue on the back of your hand and gently drag the lashes through to pick up a minimal amount of product. Also, consider glue that dries black and blends right in with your liner! 6. Gently press and squeeze the lashes to set them. We’re ready to apply! Move those lashes to the top of your natural lash, setting them down lightly. The right motion here is to gently press and squeeze. You want to press the faux lashes into your own lash line, and carefully squeeze the band to your natural lashes at the base of your eyelashes. This is where a lash applicator can provide that gentle pressure you’re looking for, but you can always use your fingers, too. 7. Finishing Touches. Draw a bit of black liner over the band to fill in any gaps and hide any edges of the lash. A soft squeeze with a lash curler and a final coat of mascara is also a great way to blend your real lashes with the fakes. Check out below a video tutorial for visual help.
- Transitional Spring JacketsThe sun is finally among us and we need to transition from our coats to summer jackets. You might ask why are we discussing jackets during summer? Well this is England hunnie, and it is not always sunny you might need a light jacket on some days. Summer brings forth the never-ending transitional dressing dilemma and we need something that won't make us boil over, but will also keep us warm come sunset, while also being light enough to stuff in our bags if the sun really puts on a show. We've put together a comprehensive list of jackets that will meet all of your summer time criteria.
- The Beauty of Minimalist FashionMinimalist doesn't mean boring, for starters, it might look simple at first glance, but there's a world of things to examine upon closer inspection. Minimal fashion doesn't give it all away immediately, which makes minimal fashion people some of the most low-key awesome people. Style-conscious people be they designer, stylist, buyer or, quite simply, avid shopper all have one thing in common which is the realisation that solid, classic investment pieces were the best idea around. Minimal remains a chic and constant presence on the streets. Let's take a look at some of our favourite minimal outfit ideas.
Stoke-on-Trent, United KingdomFreelance
Responsible for researching into topics and background information for items to be featured on the weekly programme, plan and rehearse shows and write and sometimes memorise scripts with the Staffs TV script team.
Stoke-on-Trent, United KingdomFreelance
Responsible for producing a radio show, schedule music, research into weekly topics to be discussed on the show. Edit radio content and upload ready for scheduled time slot along with liaising with other members of the production and technical teams.
+ Show more
- Websiit Management
- Adobe Premiere/photoshop/indesign
- Adobe Audition
- Blog Content
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Media Marketing
- Brand Marketing
- Digital Marketing
BA (Hons) NCTJ Journalism
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Final year Journalism student on a fast track NCTJ accredited degree.