My creative training started in a nursery school in Tokyo and continued to shape under radiant (albeit slightly smog-diffused) sunsets in Jakarta, later infusing with the teachings of landscapes of early-naughties Hungary. Then back to Japan, it's good to touch base sometimes. I eventually found myself in glorious Scotland and then decided to take a plunge into another global and metropolitan hive: London. And here I am now, until the next home calls... Having grown up travelling across the globe has shaped me to become the curious and friendly creature I am, with an inherently positive and helpful nature. I seek to pick up new and different skills through any situation I find myself in! Now to more serious talk, I am also a creative thinker from an Arts and Design background, with a high-achieving mindset and a team-oriented, collaborative approach. Experience from different environments* has given me strong stakeholder liaison skills as well as crucial social media knowledge to complement my operational knowledge of events management. This allows me to contribute with a holistic, hands-on and committed enthusiasm. I am most interested in Immersive Events, Experiential Brand Activation, Environmental Sustainability, Intersectional Feminism and Community Development through the Arts. Collaboration is my bread and butter, or the carrot at the end of the stick... with admin being the stick. My respect goes to all who wholeheartedly enjoy and only do admin. A friendly environment and a common creative cause for good is what keeps me going and what I'm looking for -and can give- in a team. Now, did anyone say "let's collaborate"? *Theatre, Performance Arts, Puppetry, Events, Hospitality & the Service Industry (we all know there is nothing more humbling than training and dedication in dealing with people's foods).
- Dior Dream ParadeMimbre was invited by Maria Grazia Chiuri, Creative Director of Dior women’s collections, to participate in the Spring-Summer 2019 Haute Couture show at Paris Fashion Week. 18 female acrobats took to the runway for the specially commissioned and choreographed performance for Christian Dior’s Spring-Summer 2019 (SS19) show at the Musée Rodin.
- The Big Art Herstory ProjectSpreading Art Herstory through Education and Activism. Th Big Art Herstory Project celebrates diversity in Art, investigating the work of female artists. We do this is to keep questioning and educating ourselves about womxn's place in the picture (and on the other side of it) to harness a more inclusive society.
- Fierce SistersMimbre's production Fierce Sisters uses evocative choreography, breathtaking acrobatics and contemporary soundscapes to explore the essence of Shakespeare’s female characters. Iconic Shakespeare characters burst out of their stories to claim their own space in today’s world. Fierce Sisters is an immersive promenade performance, leading an audience through Shakespeare's New Place gardens to encounter scenes of ambition, strength and passion, each inspired by Shakespeare’s work. Playful interactiv
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- FINDING ARTEMISIA / Un-Heroic Traditions DocumentaryA film created by Julia Schmitz that charts the creation of a series of new artworks by Fine Artist Luisa-Maria MacCormack (founder of the Big Art Herstory Project www.bigartherstoryproject.com). The large-scale drawings are inspired by the works of Artemisia Gentileschi, and the process of creating them is closely collaborative, with Artist and model being equally engaged and vital in the works from beginning to end. Thanks are due to Esther Bunting for her unwavering bravery, creativity and a
- HauntologyMy audiovisual live show and eponymous studio album, conceived during MA Popular Music Studies at Goldsmiths University and now continuing its journey to Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Deriving inspiration from the theoretical concept of "Hauntology" (a "longing for lost futures"), Lynchian cinematic aesthetics, synthesis of acoustic and electronic sounds and an underlying conceptual framework depicting a journey through dream-states & alternate lifetimes, the project was created with a view to pus
+ Show more
Marketing and Project ManagerMimbre Acrobats
London, United KingdomFull Time
For over four years I have worked with Mimbre in a variety roles that have taken me across R&D, production and event management, hands-on costume and set styling, costume and prop making, graphic design, marketing management and even some interim coordination of the company's youth programme. I'm known for my attention to detail, my creativity, my kindness and my dedication to a project and the careers of the people involved. Current responsibilities include being in charge of company marketing, content creation, copywriting, graphic design and event management. Also, supporting with production and project management, I'm currently managing Mimbre's and Daryl & Co's co-production 'Look Mum, No Hands!' touring summer 2022.
+ Show more
- Event Design
- Event Management
- Social Media Management
- Costume Design
- Set Styling
- Project Management
- Creative Development
- Creative Concept
MA Events and Experience ManagementGoldsmiths, University of London
- London, United Kingdom
Graduated with a Disctinction. The MA Events and Experience Management at Goldsmiths is a truly unique course that focuses on creative and cultural industry events experiences. It highlights the creativity and versatility required of events managers. Combining theoretical knowledge and practical experience this degree is specifically aimed at enabling events practitioners and creatives to run innovative events in an ever-changing environment.
+ Show more