- A female! The lack of gender diversity at this level is shocking in this day and age. 89% of creative directors in the UK are men.https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/women-advertising-go/1466097https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/creativitys-female-future-meet-next-generation-women-redefining-creativity/1462313
- Vision, ability to inspire, empower and a lot of empathy!
- The best creative directors empower everyone to contribute their best ideas. And they mentor those still learning how to get their sea legs. It’s super-rare but the very best are ego-free.
- A good creative director must be able to take the lead on the whole project from start to finish, they need to be like a sponge for all cultures and all the changes, be a good listener and have thick skin and he/she must believe in the ideas and understand them.
- Being collaborative, without a doubt. You need to be open to the ideas of your team because, based on my experience, a director is only as good as their team. That is not to say that you should not have a strong, singular vision, but rather you should be open to different view points as we are all prisoners of our own perspective.
You must sign up or log in before you
add a comment.