Mostly trying to rid the world of crappy advertising and replace it with delight brand experiences. Helping founders better communicate their message through branded content campaigns to inspire the minds and wins the hearts of their customers. Coaching creative individuals to find their ah-ha moment.
- Looping Kinetic Typography – Motion Design AnimationQuotes and business lessons I've learnt over the years turned into looping kinetic typography, motion graphic animations for Instagram, targeted at an audience of entrepreneurs, designers and creatives. The series had a few loose rules to follow: 1. Must be in black and white. 2. It must loop. 3. Predominately use the Futura font family. 4. The animation must be informed by the words. 5. Should be delightful and surprising. For more of these as they are released weekly, follow me @kalok.ho on
- Art of Play | Papercuts Kickstarter Crowdfunding CampaignAside from being fully funded, the goal was to bring awareness to the quickly flourishing market of custom playing cards, introduce it to a new market, whilst also featuring the artist behind the product, and the product itself. As the director, I was tasked in shaping the messaging and concept of the film. The video needed to be a departure from the standard way playing cards are promoted if it was to reach a new target audience. So we wanted to present a story of an artist’s intricate craft
- Deck Stay | Motion Design Product LaunchMinimal. Modern. Motion. The product featured in the video was a brand new invention from Art of Play and Dan and Dave for the playing card market. As an already relatively niche marker, and esoteric product, the final concept for the product launch film was part product trailer and explainer-video-tutorial all presented through the medium of motion design as a stylised minimal magazine, fusing elements of live action footage and 2D motion graphics.
- MOO | Social Content Marketing - Cinemagraph SeriesA collection of looping cinemagraphs created for MOO which was used as paid social content across the brand's social channels, including sponsored promoted content on Instagram. The three pieces were to highlight the features and new product offerings from MOO.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Social Content Series | Cinemagraphs | MOO, 2018A collection of looping cinemagraphs created for MOO organic and paid social channels, including sponsored Instagram posts. Each video was created to highlight a unique product offering at MOO: spot gloss finish on business cards, new DL flyers and new soft cover journals. We wanted to experiment with cinemagraphs and also challenge ourselves to make simple, eye-catching social videos which didn't necessarily have to have high production values or take lots of time/resource to shoot.
+ Show more
- Motion Graphics
- Brand Creative Strategy
- Strategy Consulting
- Video Campaigns
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Strategy