On a mission to rid the world of crappy advertising. Helping challenger brands better communicate their message. Coaching creative professionals to find their ah-ha moment. 8+ years working across content with an emphasis on creative direction for video campaigns, developing strategies for social, and building brands. I might be able to help if you need: • A message your audience is excited about • To stop throwing things at the digital wall to see what sticks • Content that builds brand and authority in the market • To assemble and lead a creative team • A creative director that relishes experience, video, social and creativity I regularly speak on the topics of creativity, better ideas, content marketing and brand building. Get in touch if you're interested to have me at your event.
- Behind the Scenes: Watch my horrible storyboards become a commercialMade for our art journal TANGRAM, filled with articles on peculiar practices, unique people and a worldwide puzzle hunt. If you think it's up your street check it out https://www.artofplay.com/tangram Below is some of my thinking behind this commercial. ________ Every time I’ve felt unsure mid-project it’s usually because: 1) I’m not sure on the goals 2) The messaging isn’t clear 3) The idea is too complex And points 2 and 3 are just extensions of point 1. It’s easy to get lost in a cool
- What do I look for as a Creative Director?I believe in giving your team your eyes – sharing how you see, how you think, and why you think that way instead of just telling someone what to do. This way your team learns how to critique their own work, improve and learn new skills. So I made a video sharing some of the things I look as a creative director. For more content on creative thinking you can find me at https://www.youtube.com/kalokho
- Breaking Down the Creative Strategy of a Commercial Shot in LockdownWhat goes into the thinking of a project before any production starts? Probably one of the most important videos I've ever made breakdown of how I approach commercial work from a creative strategy perspective. If you've wonder how to take business goals and translate it into a creative output, this is it.
- A World of Playing Cards — Art of PlayClient: Art of Play Concept, shot, directed and edited by: Ka-Lok Ho Goal The goal was a brand awareness commercial that needed to feel playful and premium, appealing to a new audience unfamiliar with the world of custom playing cards – yet also have rewatch value for their owned audience. Messaging Not your average playing cards Challenges Because of COVID and lockdown in the UK this project was incepted, directed, shot and edited at home in the corner of a small living room. That was an un
- Looping Kinetic Typography – Motion Design AnimationQuotes and business lessons I've learnt over the years turned into looping kinetic typography, motion graphic animations for Instagram, targeted at an audience of entrepreneurs, designers and creatives. The series had a few loose rules to follow: 1. Must be in black and white. 2. It must loop. 3. Predominately use the Futura font family. 4. The animation must be informed by the words. 5. Should be delightful and surprising. For more of these as they are released weekly, follow me @kalok.ho on
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Social Content Series | Cinemagraphs | MOO, 2018A collection of looping cinemagraphs created for MOO organic and paid social channels, including sponsored Instagram posts. Each video was created to highlight a unique product offering at MOO: spot gloss finish on business cards, new DL flyers and new soft cover journals. We wanted to experiment with cinemagraphs and also challenge ourselves to make simple, eye-catching social videos which didn't necessarily have to have high production values or take lots of time/resource to shoot.
+ Show more
Founder — Creative Director | StrategistErudite Pictures
London, United KingdomFull Time
Production house turned independent creative strategy consultancy. • Direction and development on brand and ad campaigns • Building, coaching and leading content teams • Creative strategy across organic and paid social • Consulting on brand development • Assisting creative start-ups, executives and independent professionals build stronger relationships with customers With a background in production I can also give you the tools to help execute the ideas – after all an idea never realised isn’t worth much. Some highlights: • Directed an >400% funded Kickstarter campaign in less than 24hrs • Gold Telly Awards across brand campaign, social series, and direction • Coached a CEO architect becoming best selling author on Amazon Start untangling those ideas: https://www.eruditepictures.com
+ Show more
- Motion Graphics
- Brand Creative Strategy
- Strategy Consulting
- Video Campaigns
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Strategy