Highly resourceful, creative and passionate event manager with a keen eye for detail and a proven track record in producing innovative events with smooth logistics. Experienced in managing projects and working collaboratively with internal teams and external suppliers, corporate partners and major brands on high profile mass participation and smaller, more bespoke events. Having been a part of sports and music events throughout my life, I know how they work and have the skills and experience needed to build relationships and manage complex projects.
- Sport Relief Games 2014Planning and delivering the flagship Sport Relief Games events at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (London), Old Trafford football stadium (Manchester) and Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome/Tollcross Park (Glasgow). The events involved 20,000+ people taking on a run, cycle and/or swim challenge. The London event was the biggest of the three and involved 100s of staff, entertainers and VIPs supporting the events (and the big festival village activation area) taking place simultaneously across the large site.
- WaterAid volunteers at Glastonbury FestivalIn 2019 we took over 600 volunteers to the world's most famous music festival, helping deliver vital festival services and inspiring others to support us. Volunteers gave out water, cleaned toilets, picked up rubbish, watered flowers, sold refillable water bottles, talked to festival-goers and music acts about our work, created experiential PR stunts and created social media content. Having previously been a team supervisor in 2017, I was part of the 2019 HQ management team and was in charge of
- WaterAid Mountain ChallengeWaterAid's yearly UK trekking fundraising challenge - ended in 2018 after 20+ successful years. In its later years this event was managed centrally by WaterAid with help from a committee made up of volunteers from various water industry companies. This event was team-based and allowed a choice of multiple routes throughout a national park on the same day - from easy to very challenging. It was therefore extremely popular with our corporate partners, especially the water industry and environment
- March 4 WaterWaterAid's first ever virtual walking fundraising challenge, where we challenged people to walk further than usual during March, in solidarity with those who have no choice but to walk to collect water. Participants were given blue laces to put into their shoes and we asked to share their progress by posting shoelace selfies on social media. We also provided participants with a distance tracker wall chart and other resources to help record their progress, fundraise. and share the challenge with
- Anna McNuff Barefoot Britain ChallengeHelping Anna McNuff's logistics manager coordinate the London finale to Anna's epic Barefoot Britain challenge (2,620 miles (100 marathons) running barefoot across the UK). Anna was supported by the AA, and gave talks to Girl Guiding groups around the country. Helped with route planning, connecting with London's running communities and marshalling on the day.
- Bogstacle mud runWaterAid's toilet-focused mud run fundraising event - took place in various locations 2015-18 Formerly known as 'Tough Sh!t' I was responsible for all areas of the event from concept to execution - including project setup, strategy and coordination, product rebrand, social media channel management, supplier and sponsor relationships, logistics and on-the-day delivery, budgets, staffing, multi-channel marketing, participant communication, reporting and event evaluations
Projects credited in
- Bogstacle: event rebrandWhen WaterAid told my team that they were running a mass participation obstacle course - think Tough Mudder meets Race for Life - my art director and I immediately drew smiling poo emojis and filled pages with 'crappy' puns galore. It was a hoot. And the results were bang on the money - the team at WaterAid LOVED our unrestrained creativity. We named the event, designed the logo, wrote the brand guidelines and included integrated campaign messaging, tailored separately for corporate and commun
Level 4 Diploma in Event Management for Marketing and CommunicationsAshdown Academy
- Strand, London WC2R 2LS, UK
As part of this I led a group project to pitch for a large outdoor concert marketing contract
+ Show more