I’m a creative problem solver. First is getting to the best solution to the problem, then the right design execution will follow. Based in Falmouth, Cornwall, I work remotely for London agencies, for myself, and in design studios closer to home. After five years at JKR Global, London, I’ve developed an expertise in Branding and Packaging. I’ve created brands from scratch, refreshed brands who’ve lost their way, and built on well established brands with fresh ideas and new directions. I believe in “ideas first” design that challenges the norms to create work that stands out.
- Recycle(d): Rethinking RecyclingTwo Degrees° Creative are running an Instagram-based campaign that sees designers create their own version of Gary Anderson’s iconic recycling symbol. My take on the symbol is to highlight the first R of the three that is "Reduction". It's the most important part of the process in that by reducing consumption, we reduce the need to recycle and ultimately negate the energy needed in the process of recycling.
Projects credited in
- UglyIn a world of fake news and artificial sweetener, Ugly keep it real. The first 100% natural, fruit-infused sparkling water, they’ve stood as the healthy alternative to the sugar-saturated mainstream since 2015. But to take their message to the masses, they needed a brand world every bit as bold and uncompromising as their product. We call it ‘The Ugly Truth’ – a mission to fight for (and have fun with). Provocative in tone and playful in style, the rebrand has given this underdog plenty of bit5
- IRN-BRUFrequently described as ‘Scotland’s other drink’ (after whisky), IRN-BRU is one of the nation’s most treasured brands. Inspired by the famous ‘Made from Girders’ ad campaign from the 1980s, our creative solution was centred around ‘industry and strength’. This inspired the introduction of the ‘I’ girder device which encases the redrawn word mark, and the resurrection of the strong man which featured on the brand’s original label.8
- HippeasThese organic chickpea puffs are on a mission to shake things up, changing things for the better, one puff at a time. We helped build this brand from the ground up – packs, personality, purpose and all – capturing the spirit of an era and making it relevant for today’s modern hippies. Every touch-point became an opportunity to spread the good vibes. And their partnership with Farm Africa became a chance to give back. That’s peas and love. Launched in June 2016, Hippeas have already set up c8
Senior Graphic DesignerSelf Employed
Falmouth, United KingdomFreelance
I’m a creative problem solver and stylistic nomad. First is the solution, then the design execution. Based in Falmouth, Cornwall, I work remotely for London agencies and in design studios closer to home. After five years at JKR Global, London, I’ve developed an expertise in Branding and Packaging. I’ve created brands from scratch, refreshed brands who’ve lost their way, and built on well established brands with fresh ideas and new directions. I believe in “ideas first” design that challenges the norms to create work that stands out.
Senior Graphic DesignerJones Knowles Ritchie
- London, United KingdomFull Time
As a Senior Designer at JKR, I helped to lead a team of designers. This included mentoring more junior team members, leading projects creatively, overseeing and art directing projects through every stage of production from inception to outcome, and ideating and creating design myself. This was alongside continuing in my role as Brand Guardian of Snickers and Hippeas, in addition to becoming a Brand Guardian for M&M’s.
+ Show more
- Logo Design
- Packaging Design
- Typography Design
- Poster Design
- Digital Design
- Print Design
- Brand Creation
- Motion Graphics