I am an enthusiastic and driven arts writer, content creator, and editor with over five years of experience in museums and galleries. I am passionate about making contemporary art and visual culture accessible. I hold a BA (First Class Honours) in History of Art and an MA in Contemporary Art Theory (Distinction) from Goldsmiths, University of London, as well as a background in Accounting and IT. In October 2022, I joined the Royal Academy of Arts as a Digital Content Assistant. In 2018, I founded the Instagram page @criview, which I curate by regularly posting about current exhibitions in London and abroad in order to encourage the broadest possible audience to visit museums, galleries, and other arts organisations as well as sparking curiosity in those who are not familiar with the art world. I am also a contributing writer for the art magazines Artillery Magazine and Art Nomade Milan News, where I review physical and online exhibitions for the 'Outside LA' and the 'Museums and Art Collections' columns respectively. My projects, publications, collaborations, and essays are highlighted on my website: https://cristina-ricci.com/
- Art in the Era of Social Media: How Instagram has Shaped a New Relationship Between Museums, Galleries, and their VisitorsCreative project part of the Transforming (Critical) Practices module (2019) in the MA Contemporary Art Theory at Goldsmiths, University of London. I analysed various ways in which Instagram has changed visitors’ approach to art in museums and galleries, and how these institutions adapted to this platform accordingly.
Projects credited in
- Contakt CollectiveContakt Collective LINK: @contaktcollective LINK: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Aa5e7898e-4a02-45ab-8902-70a53745ba1a Research Publication 1, Published 29/05/2020. We are a collective of researchers brought together in the Visual Cultures Department of Goldsmiths, University of London, exploring social space in a time of human capital and social distance. We experienced this pandemic together as students, as carers, as workers, as immigrants, & we fac
- London, United KingdomPart Time
• Created social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and implemented social media strategies based on insights and audience engagement analysis. • Listed exhibitions in London, the UK, Berlin, New York, and Los Angeles on the website, moderated content, and product tested the app. • Supported the community by answering enquiries through Uservoice, creating weekly newsletter content, and assisting client campaigns and sales activities.
+ Show more
- Time Management
- Public Speaking
- Art Writing
- Social Media Management
- Project Management
- Content Creation
MA Contemporary Art TheoryGoldsmiths, University of London
- London, United Kingdom
• Degree focused on the interrelation between contemporary artistic practice and critical theory. • Dissertation titled “Los Angeles On- and Offscreen: How Film Noir and L.A. Rebellion Movies Created a Different Image of the Same Urban Space.” • Main modules: Globalisation; Transforming (Critical) Practices: Art and Politics in the Age of Platforms; Spatial Biopolitics. • Member of the Visual Cultures Society. Invited to take over the Society’s Instagram account (@goldsmithsvcs) between 2nd-8th December 2019 to document two exhibitions in London, resulting in a triple engagement through both posts and stories and an increase of 100 followers.
BA History of ArtGoldsmiths, University of London
- London, United Kingdom
• Degree focused on modern and contemporary art history, art theory, and visual culture. • Dissertation titled “Urban Alienation: How the Transformations of Cities Have Affected Their Inhabitants.” • Main modules: Museums, Galleries, Exhibitions; Curating and the Curatorial; Curatorial Events and Affects; Animating Architecture. • Member of the Visual Cultures Society. Collaborated with fellow students in the organisation of various exhibitions throughout the final year of my BA.