I'm an award-winning writer and creative director with over 15 years' experience developing films, campaigns, experiences, and branded content for clients around the world. I work from idea-to-execution; generating concepts, writing treatments, tags, manifestos and scripts, pitching, collaborating, and seeing creative through to launch. Recent clients include Sony Music, National Geographic, Gucci, Belmond, Gillette, MARS, and the NHS. Let's talk! danielhumphry.com
- LUX* – Life ExtraordinaryCreative Director – Concepts / Tag / Scripts A story-led campaign series for the brand relaunch of LUX*, a contemporary luxury hotel group. Working alongside director Ben Perry, creative agency Matter of Form, and production studio Made By Stella I developed concepts, story and tags for the campaign, before scripting three short films that capture the spirit of celebration and coming back together. The films played across targeted socials and digital spots, with corresponding print ads r
- NICEConcepts / Scripts After working with H+K Strategies on an advertising series for Gillette, the team brought me back to write a trio of ads for the American tech firm NICE. Developing a handful of existing concepts – and adding a few of my own – I scripted three ads for NICE’s video calling software, before handing over to H+K’s directors to run the pre-pro, shoot and edit. The films launched in early ‘22 across social and paid-for ad slots, with a very happy client to boot.
- Sani ResortContent Strategy / Film Concepts / Scripts / On-Shoot AD Sani is a sprawling, luxury resort in Northern Greece with a focus on local community, sustainable hospitality, and farm-to-table dining. Throughout 2021 I worked alongside creative agency Matter of Form, production company Fixation, and Director Jacob Proud to assist Sani in the relaunch of its brand. The result was a detailed content strategy, new website, and over 25 unique films and film assets.
- Sony MusicScriptwriting, brand book and copy lines In summer 2019 I worked with the ever-talented EveryFriday to create ad lines, film script and brand book copy for Sony Music’s Influence campaign. Sony wanted to harness the ideas and experience of all its employees – from artists to admin staff – and together evolve what the music industry could be. The campaign content had to set out the vision.
- YellowEditor | Creative Director Yellow is an exciting web and book project that saw 52 of the world's most exciting artists artists illustrate 52 weeks of news. The concept was to showcase that illustration is more than a medium of pretty pictures, by investigating what artists could bring to news coverage beyond traditional print and TV journalism. A new piece is posted online every Monday – accompanied by a written account of the news that has been illustrated and an explanation from the artist ab
- GilletteStory / Scripts In late 2021 I was approached by H+K Strategies to script a series of Christmas and Valentine’s film campaigns for Gillette’s King C beard brand. The draw? That Channel 4 and First Date’s own Fred Sirieix would star. I scripted the films during a week sprint before handing over to H&K’s director and in-house production team for shoot and edit. Gillette were thrilled with the outcome and the campaign went live soon after.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Gucci and Frieze present The Second Summer Of LoveIn the late 1980s, the UK saw a cultural revolution of the same magnitude as the ’60s counterculture movement. A combination of a radical new music, a groundswell of youth-driven art, and, crucially, the introduction of a consciousness-altering new drug, led to the upturning of contemporary culture. In 1988, 30 years ago this year, that scene exploded, and the UK saw what we now call the Second Summer Of Love. In 2018 Gucci partnered with Frieze to celebrate the 30th anniversary of this cultura12
- RSong launch Berlin - a glimpse of "the future of music"Canto was contracted by major blockchain co-op RChain to help manage the launch of RSong, their revolutionary immersive audio app. RSong uses blockchain technology to address two of the key problems in the modern music industry: delivering the best possible audio quality to listeners; and making sure that creators get paid fairly. In collaboration with Redmond, Washington-based Immersion Networks, an R&D Laboratory that creates software and hardware to improve the human listening experience, RC
+ Show more
Writer | Creative DirectorFreelance
London, United KingdomFreelance
Scripts, shows, campaigns, ads, articles , rebrands, digital platforms and even entire books for clients including: Sony Music, Labour, Google, NHS, National Geographic, Visit England, Martini and dozens more... -
- Script Writer
- Creative Copywriting
- Ad Copywriting
- Branded Content
- Content Strategy
- Creative Direction
2:1 BA (Hons) in Journalism and Broadcast Media University of Wales, Inst. Cardiff
- Cardiff, United Kingdom
+ Show more