OUR STORY Art on a Postcard (AOAP) raises money for The Hepatitis C Trust towards its campaign to eliminate hepatitis C in the UK by the year 2030. In 2014 Art on a Postcard was intended to be a one off secret postcard auction, but it went so well it has spawned a small industry. Artists and photographers who have taken part in our auctions include Damien Hirst, Grayson Perry CBE, RA, Marina Abramoviç, Harland Miller, Rebecca Salter RA, Patrick Hughes, Larry Clark, Martin Parr, Es Devlin, Jeremy Deller, Peter Blake, Gilbert and George, Wolfgang Tillmans, Marc Quinn and Cicely Brown. We are now several auctions in and have a number of outstanding events under our belts including partnerships with The Other Art Fair and Photo London as well our annual outings with Art Car Boot Fair. In addition to the auctions we have a burgeoning print shop and have released a number of sell out print editions including Hate’s Outta Date by Harland Miller. Our Auctions All of the artworks are available to view while the auction in running, bidding takes place on line. The auctions are curated and by invite only. All of the artists have gallery representation and make their living entirely from the sale of their art. Our auctions have raised over three quarter of a million pounds to date. Take a look at our shop - the proceeds go to The Hepatitis C Trust. Charity Registration No: 1104279, Company No: 05069924, Scotland Registration No: SCO39914
+ Show more
- She Curates x Art on a PostcardArt on a Postcard (AOAP) is delighted to have engaged the curating skills of Mollie E Barnes AKA She Curates to produce a mini auction as part on The Hepatitis C Trust’s 20 year celebrations. Mollie is an Independent Curator based in the south England. Keen to address the gender and equality disparity in the art world, Mollie founded She Curates (@she_curates_) in 2020, a platform aimed at championing the voices and stories of women and queer artists around the world.
- Art on a Postcard Summer Auction 2021Art on a Postcard is celebrating the 20th anniversary of The Hepatitis C Trust with an auction of original artwork by leading contemporary artists, including Anish Kapoor, Jordan Wolfson and Margaret Rose Vendryes. All the money raised will be donated to the Trust's campaign to eliminate hepatitis C by the year 2030.
- Art on a Postcard Winter Auction 2020The Art on a Postcard Winter Auction is back this November in partnership with Dreweatts Auction House to raise funds for the Hepatitis C Trust helpline. Since the global pandemic, many changes have been made to the way artwork is made and viewed. In light of this, AOAP have teamed up with art exhibition platform gowithYamo to present an online interactive show. The Winter Auction is no longer anonymous, providing an opportunity to discover in-depth the background and practices of the artists ta
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Art on a Postcard x gowithYamo Mini AuctionArt on a Postcard (AOAP) is delighted to announce the upcoming mini auction in collaboration with gowithYamo. gowithYamo’s Nathalie Brough has guest curated an auction of over twenty artists, including K Blick, Lee Johnson, Lisa Wright and Maayan Sophia Weisstub. Proceeds from this auction will go to The Hepatitis C Trust and their efforts to eliminate hepatitis C. Bidding starts at £50 per lot and is open from 15th-29th September.
- Art on a Postcard Summer Auction 2022Art on a Postcard is proud to present the fourth annual Summer Auction with an exceptional line up of emerging new graduates and world-renowned artists, including performance pioneer Marina Abramović, staple of London’s Street Art scene Ben Eine and National Portrait Gallery BP Portrait Award-winner Ishbel Myerscough. For the auction, over 200 hand selected artists will create mini postcard-sized masterpieces, with bidding starting at just £50, to raise proceeds to continue The Hepatitis C Trust
- Vanessa Gardiner, Godrevy Point 7 for UltimART Golden Ticket LotteryThe landscape painter Vanessa Gardiner has produced an original postcard sized painting of Godrevy Point on the North Cornish Coast. Godrevy. Know for it's Atlantic swells and it's connection with Virginia Wolf's 'To The Lighthouse', this beautiful painting conveys the drama of the Cornish Coastline. More from Vanessa on her inspirations...
- The Other Art Fair Bristol; Secret AuctionArt on a Postcard is joining The Other Art Fair in Bristol this July for a Urban Art vs Street Photography themed postcard auction. There is an international roster of artists such as photographers Dougie Wallace, Mankichi Shinshi, Gabi Ben-Avraham, and urban artists My Dog Sighs, Ryca, Pang, Cosmo Sarson, Levalet, Acrylicize, Dee Dee, Anatomix and Shuby taking part. Find out more and view all the cards as they come in here.3
- Street Art King Ben Eine leaves his mark on the legendary Ibiza RocksWIN A HAND PAINTED BEN EINE x IBIZA ROCKS PLECTRUM PLUS A TRIP FOR 2 TO THE LEGENDARY IBIZA ROCKS HOTEL Just before the globally renowned Ibiza Rocks Hotel opened its doors to holiday makers and A-list hitmakers alike this summer, world famous street artist Ben Eine popped over to the hotel and hand painted his version of the iconic Ibiza Rocks logo onto a giant plectrum measuring 120cm high. For just a €2 entry fee, one lucky person will not only win this valuable artwork but also bag a trip3
+ Show more
- Art Curation
- Art Exhibition