Georgia McDonald, The Bold Type is a Graphic Designer from Liverpool and is proud to be one of the UWTSD crew. Specialising predominantly in branding & identity creation, but also turning her hand to UI design and motion graphics, she has a style often described as urban contemporary, by the book, with a fresh twist. Everything Georgia makes is a reflection of her passion and commitment to her work as a designer. Georgia absolutely loves design. Feeling blessed to have found herself in a position to do the thing she loves, every day. Always putting in her very best effort to create a solution to a design problem. If you're interested in any design work, big or small drop Georgia a line through the contact page. www.theboldtypedesign.com or find her on social media @theboldtype_design.
- Sky Creative UWTSD Design Week Challenge WINNER!SKY CREATIVE DESIGN WEEK CHALLENGE- CLIMATE CHANGE-ONE SKY ONE CHANGE- WINNER! This project was instigated during UWTSD Design Week (Feb 2020). Sky Creative was a guest speaker at the event and proposed a design challenge for the participants. Their challenge was simple, create a solution to their problem. Sky wanted to promote climate change to a younger audience. Our task was to create and present our idea by the end of the day. The idea was “one sky one change” as viral marketing campaig
- Penguin Books Student AwardsPENGUIN BOOK STUDENT AWARDS Penguin Books holds a competition for students every year. This is my submission for the Fiction book, the classic mystery thriller writer, John le Carré. The design was inspired by Saul Bass. I set out to create style that captured the mystery, paranoia and era of the story without being too overtly retro in style. The typeface was created, by me, solely for the book jacket and is a fully functionally and working type. Inspired by the old fashion spy techniques
- APA Branding and WebsiteAPA stands for Authority, Power & Activism. APA is an expansion from my Academic Dissertation. Creating a branding for APA to be able to help engage like minded graffiti enthusiasts. To connect and share photos from around the world. To have a place to share all the photographs I've taken over the years from my explorations "Dérive" around cities and countries all over the world.
- MA:XUNIVERSITY OF WALES TRINITY SAINT DAVID MASTERS EXHIBITION BRAND & IDENTITY. The UWTSD Masters course needed a fresh identity for their Exhibition. The Brand MA:X was a collaboration with Gavin Kirby (UWTSD Graphics Tutor), who designed the layout of the inside of the booklet. I came up with the main branding and core identity. Logo Design, Branding & Book Cover. This was a fun little project that allowed me to create an intriguing brand for a show which showcased some amazing work. This proj
- Quick Colour Re-Branding & PackagingQuick Colour is a Brand that sells Multi-surface spray paint. This is Personal Project, that is only to show case my skills and to challenge myself to explore more creative branding ideas. I have re-branded three Spray paint cans with unique custom designs limit edition designs. The designs are inspired by celebrated unique artists such as Basquiat, Keith Haring & David Shrigley.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Swansea College of Art, UWTSD, University of Wales Trinity Saint David, BA (Hons) Graphic DesignGraphic Design BA (Hons) at Swansea College of Art UWTSD prepares students for diverse creative futures in the widening world of visual communication. We pride ourselves in nurturing students in a friendly environment. We initiate a diverse range of graphic challenges and help guide the students’ response to these challenges by supporting individual aspirations and recognising personal potential. Our students attain both digital excellence and skills in traditional areas including Letterpress an18
- Shards of ExcaliburA D&AD New Blood Awards Brief that was set by RARE / XBOX. My team and I had to conceptualise a new game that allows players to interact in new ways and we came up with Shards of Excalibur or Darniad Escalibur in Welsh. Set in a futuristic 2020 it's an open world game that takes inspiration from Arthurian and Welsh mythology.
- Brand Identity
- Print Design
- UI Design
- Motion Design
- Graphic Design
- Adobe Illustrator
- Typography Design
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
BA(Hons) Graphic DesignUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David College of Art
- Swansea, United Kingdom
Sky Creative UWTSD Design Week WinnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David College of ArtUWTSD holds a Design Week ever year, they invite industry creatives to share their experiences and to help inform future creatives on what it's like to work in a competitive creative industry. Sky Creative, was a guest speaker, they spoke about how they created the Sky Crime branding and identity and explained how they come up with their ideas. Once they had showed us the "how" they they challenged us to have a go. The challenge was to help promote climates change to a younger audience. We could interrupt this as we liked. The twist of the challenge was that we weren't allowed to use electronic devices of any kind. They just wanted to see our ideas and judge us solely on our creative problem solving.