Founding the Outside Agency 10 years ago (in 2011) as an independent creative agency I have always focused on delivering culturally relevant work and connecting clients with both new and established talent. With nearly 20 years' industry experience delivering innovative, creative projects and campaigns for clients including Nike, Fitbit, Diageo, adidas, M&C Saatchi, The Romans, and Mother London, I understand both brand and agency perspectives, politics and targets. At Outside I built a team of leading creatives, designers and makers where I was solely responsible for running the agency, new business and overseeing all studio output from hand painted murals to film content. As both client and creative lead, I worked in partnership with clients developing briefs to tell authentic stories that engaged consumers with the brand and product at the heart.
- Nike: White Shirt ProjectCelebrating the launch of the Nike England World Cup shirt I was lead creative and project manager working with Nike Football to identify inspiring talent and tell their ‘Fearless’ stories. Through custom England shirts produced in partnership with Tottenham Textiles and content that culminated in the Rise of the Fearless film we put these voices and their stories at the heart of the campaign. To showcase the shirts and launch the campaign I conceptualised, developed and managed an installation
- 31st State: Brand LaunchOn board from day one, working directly with the founder I was the creative lead and project manager responsible for bringing this new brand to market. Overseeing the naming, branding, product selection, packaging, marketing and e-commerce website, we developed a fashionable, award winning brand that delivered natural hair styling, body care, and skin maintenance products for teenage boys.
- Ikea x Virgil Abloh: "Fitting Rooms"Working with Mother London and Ikea, I oversaw the creation of this immersive space for the UK launch of this iconic collaboration as part of London Fashion Week from concept to delivery in only two weeks. Managing the client and build team in an ever evolving process, “Fitting Rooms” featured a series of interconnecting spaces which I designed to showcase each product from the range in a manner reflecting Virgil Abloh's design language. Classic Greek statues holding “Sculpture” bags, retail pri
- Café Zero°/Unilever: Exxxpresso, MilanI worked as the central creative and lead project manager to activate a series of murals in Milan as part of the European launch of the Café Zero° Exxxpresso drink. Working in partnership with Unilever and Golin I was responsible for location sourcing and contracting of art walls in Milan, talent acquisition and management, and art direction across the activation. Working closely with internationally renowned Italian artist, Peeta, we developed a series of artworks featuring the eyes of local re
- Nike x CarharttMarking the first collaboration between these two iconic brands I worked with the Nike NBHD team and managed the complete creative through production process for both retail installations and the launch event. Working directly with Offspring, Footpatrol and Sneakersnstuff I designed bespoke POS and window installations for each store inspired by the product materials and global campaign direction. For the launch event I managed the design and installation of assets fabricated using original Car
- adidas: Press ShowroomsOver a period of three years Outside was contracted to conceptualise, design and build showrooms at the London HQ across Performance, Womens Performance, Football and Originals. I oversaw all aspects of the installations from creative concepts through to build, each time driving a creative approach inspired by the product and working closely with the adidas team to ensure their vision was delivered.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- NIKE CARHARTT WIP RETAILWorking with the Nike NBHD team, we designed and built a series of retail installations for three of London's most iconic sneaker stores; Sneakers n Stuff, Offspring and Footpatrol. Inspired by the collaboration products and wider launch campaign, we created bespoke units for each store that incorporated concrete plinths, neon light tubes, wooden frames and stretched/printed Carhartt fabric panels.3
- BULLEIT WHISKEY COMMUNITY INKWorking with the Bulleit team at Diageo, OUTSIDE was commissioned to create a series of films and still content for its Community Ink campaign. Tattooing leather panels, we shot five of Europe's leading artists as they created their artwork for the final billboard. The panels were then stitched together to create a physical advert displayed at the London Tattoo Convention, where Bulleit Whiskey also hosted panel discussions and workshops. All content was directed and produced by OUTSIDE with sp
- NIKE WC19Celebrating the launch of the new women’s world cup kits OUTSIDE created a showroom installation at their iconic NikeLAB/1948 London store. Drawing inspiration from the kit design we managed all design, build and installation alongside the live event presentation and panel discussion with key global stakeholders.
- NIKE CARHARTT WIP EVENTWorking with the Nike NBHD team, we designed and installed a custom Carhartt X Nike set for the launch event celebrating the collaboration between these two iconic brands. Incorporating original Carhartt WIP fabrics into the build, OUTSIDE transformed the venue through stacked graphic cubes, raw concrete product displays, fly posters and lighting units.
- NIKE FORCEA three month installation at Nike Town London, the FORCE workshop allows people to customise Nike Air Force 1 trainers and a selection of apparel. Using bitmap inkjet guns, laser engraving, stitched fabric swooshes and labels, customers can create bespoke products in an engaging and hands on environment. Creating original graphics libraries and developing accessories OUTSIDE managed the production and set-up of all custom assets and products.1
- NIKE WSP EVENTOUTSIDE was commissioned to design, produce and execute the White Shirt Project at NikeTown London. Featuring x11 bespoke shirts created by Tottenham Textiles in collaboration with Nike, we developed a series of premium acrylic display units alongside two ‘atelier’ cases to showcase the ‘making’ process for two of the community teams involved. The content of the exhibition was a collaborative effort from Nike and Tottenham Textiles consisting of 11 bespoke England shirts, each telling a differe1
+ Show more
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Founder & CEO - Outside Agency, London (July 2011 – December 2020) Over nine years I generated £4M+ in sales, building and leading a team of designers, producers and creatives to deliver a wide range of work for global brands and agencies. As a studio I grew our offering from solely graphic design at launch, to include; packaging design and production, film and photography content, hand painted murals, pop-ups and experiential events. Responsibilities: - Managing all client engagement, building a loyal base from scratch with numerous 10+ years working relationships. - Client and creative lead on all large projects and studio output from genesis to delivery. - Pitch lead on all new business and large scale client projects. - All aspects of business planning and development including market research, finance, marketing and day to day operations. - Hiring and mentoring of all team members in personal development and career progression. - Establishing and nurturing a network of the UK’s leading artists, illustrators, fabricators and creatives culminating in a black book of the UK’s leading talent.