A Scottish creative known to dabble in both art direction and copy. As a soon to be graduate from Edinburgh Napier's MSc in Creative Advertising I'm craving to create some big ideas for this big bad world. Last year I won the DMA Breakthrough Award - but life isn't all advertising. On my days off I travel around sunny Scotland talking to school kids about the effects of skin cancer. This work landed me the Inspirational Adult Award at the Edinburgh Local Heroes. But that's all worthless, the real bread winner is my part time job at a bagel shop. So, if you don't have an appetite for my ads, I'm sure we can bond over a dose of dough. Partner in crime with Andreas Karmiotis https://jackandreas.co.uk
- Burger King - Fuelled by Flames (D&AD New Blood Wood Pencil)D&AD New Blood 2020 The Challenge: Burger King wants to delight and surprise a young audience with their new in-house delivery service. To appeal to an increasingly environmentally conscious target audience, we thought Burger King can blaze the trail. Using solar powered technology, Burger can truly embrace the fire by becoming Fuelled By Flames.
- Nike - Invest Your Energy D&AD New Blood Wood PencilD&AD New Blood 2020 Girls in London are carrying knives. There has been a 52% rise in female knife possession. A quarter of those involved are girls under the age of 18. Why? Since 2011, half of the city’s youth centres have be closed leading to the loss of safe spaces for girls. Nike will monitor girls’ activity through the Nike+ Apps, and for the points they collect we will fund their local youth centre. By creating virtual youth centres in the app, girls can access at home workouts an
- Macmillan - In Your Shoes - Creative Conscience GoldYoung people who go through cancer are often well cared for, but what about the ones looking after them? Parents and siblings can struggle with the burden a cancer diagnosis brings just as much as the person going through it. Waiting rooms give Macmillan an early opportunity to speak to families currently affected by cancer. By featuring real life letter-style posters in hospital waiting rooms we can help those in need by showing parents and siblings there are others who have been in their shoe
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Edinburgh Napier University, MSc Creative AdvertisingWhy should people give a shit? That’s what we teach our students on this advertising Masters course. It’s the most successful course in Scotland for budding creatives. We teach practical skills, an understanding of the industry and the ability to think differently required for a career in advertising. Our students know that whatever medium they’re using to communicate, they need to get noticed. That’s line one, page one. The course is fantastically supported by the industry, giving student19
- Nike - Invest Your Energy (D&AD New Blood 2020 Pencil Winner)Girls in London are carrying knives. There has been a 52% rise in female knife possession. A quarter of those involved are girls under the age of 18. Why? Since 2011, half of the city’s youth centres have been closed leading to the loss of safe spaces for girls. Nike will monitor girls’ activity through the Nike+ Apps, and for the points, they collect we will fund their local youth centre. By creating virtual youth centres in the app, girls can access at home workouts and chat rooms so th
- The ThiefBrief: Make people who could benefit from Al-Anon UK Family Groups aware of them, their helpline and the meetings they run. Insight: When someone you love is an alcoholic it can feel like your life - and theirs - is stolen. This feeds into feelings of isolation that come from not being able to talk to anyone who can understand. Idea: Long copy posters from the PoV of people who have just found Al-Anon. Expansion of campaign to include direct mail, radio and social media.
- Glazed and ConfusedBrief: Create branded content for Teen Vogue (in partnership with A Case For Her) that challenges ideas around female sexual pleasure and wellness. Insight: Girls are made to feel shame for basic human actions such as eating and sex. Idea: Use doughnuts as a non-intimidating way to address the relationship between shame and sex.
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Motion Graphics
Edinburgh Local Hero Awards - Inspirational Young AdultEdinburgh Evening NewsWorking with a team to change Scottish school kids' perception of skin cancer, we travelled round the country giving talks in a bid to raise awareness of the disease among teenagers. In the end, we spoke to over a thousand kids and changed their views on skin care awareness and their ability to take control of skin cancer. This culminated in the work being credited in Holyrood Parliament and, somehow, some personal recognition at the Local Hero Awards.