Joseph has been working in the film industry for the past six years, creating content for clients across the world, including the likes of the BBC, Starbucks, Microsoft, Great Ormond Street Hospital and Cadbury. Joseph studied a bachelor’s degree in Music Business at the Academy of Contemporary Music, and after a brief spell as a professional picture framer, found himself working at the offices at a small production company in London. Since stepping onto the studio floor, he quickly immersed himself into the roles of researcher and assistant producer, initially working on a documentary piece for BBC 5 Live, and interviewing José Mourhino for a Lipton’s Ice Tea campaign. And with that he was hooked into the exciting world of production as he discovered the ways in which you could bring ideas to life through film, as well as all of the creative collaboration opportunities that it invites. Developing his craft over the years, Joseph recognises the power of storytelling and how it plays a vital role throughout every brands message - whether that is for a social media influencer on a mission to create fun and informative content, a big brand wanting to champion its employees through a short film or a local charity driving engagement to its fundraising campaign. At the heart of each and every organisation, there are often individuals with a compelling story to tell, and that’s where his passion for the work lies. Joseph has had the opportunity to work with a broad range of notable clients across online, radio, PR and social media as an increasingly established creative producer and director, well regarded for his professionalism and decisiveness on set and in the editorial suite. The Work I Do Creative Content Producer: I am experienced working as a Creative Content Producer developing a series of branded/themed pieces or one time use content. When it comes to social media, I endeavour to create content that is eye-catching and encourages others to share, whilst retaining the message of the brand. I am part of a trusted network of companies and freelancers whom I work with regularly, and can hire accordingly to suit the needs of each project. Video Producer: Working with a number of different clients around the UK, I have a keen eye for identifying brand messaging and bringing it to life on screen. My production experience ranges from creating films for brands, documentary pieces, episodic series for the likes of YouTube, recruitment, internal communications and promotional outreach. Researcher: I have a wealth of experience working on documentaries, developing them from their inception through to production and final delivery. I have done this for both radio and film for clients such as Audible, BBC Radio 1 and Starbucks. I understand the challenges when dealing with hard hitting subjects, having worked across films which tackle homophobia, modern slavery, taboos and the refugee crisis. Editor: I work with Premiere Pro to deliver professional quality films. Having a trained eye in documentary styled pieces, I can identify the key information to be included in edits and cut films to optimise their engagement factor and am happy working as part of team or solo and can work remotely.
- London's Air Ambulance - Dave's StoryI was part of this fantastic project for London’s Air Ambulance which tells the story of a patient who’s life was saved by the quick response and expertise their team. I oversaw the production to the Waterloo station and Royal Hospital London helipad section of the shoot, conducting the interview with Cosmo and Sam who work for the charity. Read about the full campaign here - https://www.snappinturtle.co.uk/projects/londons-air-ambulance-davids-story/
- Hot Right Now with Riyadh KhalafHot Right Now is a one of a kind series that sees BBC Masterchef Winner and best selling author, Riyadh Khalaf uncover some of the world's most weird and wonderful individuals, subcultures and trends in an explorative show that puts him at the centre of their world. The series explores a wide variety of subject matters including lawnmower racing, virtual reality sports, bird poo facials and more. As producer of the show, I develop ideas with the Riyadh and the YMU team, co-writing the narrative
- BelVitaTo launch belVita’s UK competition with Tassimo coffee machines, I worked with the team at Snappin’ Turtle Productions as the assistant producer to create the short advertisement. The ad created a key part of their marketing strategy as a 10 second pre-roll film for Facebook. The pick up proved successful with 1.6 million Facebook views.
- Surge Fitness: London LaunchCelebrating the launch of their brand new, state-of-the-art fitness studios, we created series of short videos for Surge Fitness to use in gyms and across social media. The brand specialises in EMS Training, where resistance training is created using electric pulses to the muscles.
- BBC Learning: Robots Replace TeachersI was part of the production team behind this special music video-styled film created to celebrate the success of the BBC Micro:Bit. The Snappin’ Turtle team and I led on the creative, storyboarding, casting and production. By utilising two production teams working in tandem across two days we managed to capture an abundance of fun, robotic hijinks and activities for this ambitious project.
- Berry Gardens x Farm Fitness: Action-Packed Lockdown Fitness ChallengeWorking with the team at Sunny Side Up we created a number of fun social media films to further market the partnership between Berry Gardens and Farm Fitness across social media. The video follows fitness influencers - Em Furey, Lawrence Price, Lucy Gornall, Holly Brodie, Gok Yesodharan and the Turf Games Crew - as they take on Farm Fitness’ epic test of physical strength and endurance. Filming with our crew, our team ducked and dived through the assault course, capturing every wince and str
+ View all
Live EditorIMG Studios
Stockley Park, 5 Longwalk Rd, Hayes, Uxbridge UB11 1FE, UKFreelance
I work regularly with IMG Studios as part of the EFL iFollow team who broadcast and live edit football matches from league 1 and 2. My role is to cue adverts, cue graphic content and run replays live as the game is being broadcast. At the end of each match, we each then make a two and ten minute highlights reel of the match which is then broadcasted on TV via QUEST.
Director, Producer, EditorJoseph Murphy Film
London, United KingdomFreelance
Working as a freelance producer, director and editor, I am experienced working closely with production companies, charities and brands. I pride myself on working closely with a number of different brands, understanding the brand, its values and key messaging, and delivering high quality content for use across numerous media platforms. My previous clients include the BBC, Starbucks, Cadbury, Microsoft and Great Ormond Street Hospital. Other skills and responsibilities include: • Film Directing • Video and event producing • Video and photo editing across Adobe platforms • Crew booking and film casting • Event bookings, ticket handling and show management
+ Show more
- Premiere Pro
- Adobe Photoshop
- Development Producer
- Music Composition
- Audio Mixing
- Problem Solving
- Wix Websites
- Dedicated Hardworking
- After Efects
- Logic Pro
- Abobe Audition
- Adobe Premiere Pro