I build communication systems that synergise people, purpose and product. Specialities: content strategy, brand marketing, product marketing, content design/UX copywriting, social media, go-to-market, digital marketing, communications, creative leadership, design thinking, user insights, audience development, storytelling Experienced working with fast-growth internet and consumer technology companies as a content strategist, I have a proven track record building brands, designing mobile/web experiences, launching products to market, crafting integrated campaigns and growing audiences. Recently, as Head of Communications at Mixcloud, I helped the audio streaming platform rebrand and reposition as a fan-to-creator marketplace on a mission to sustainably support culture. I've also worked with game-changing clients ranging from the world leaders (Google, Facebook, Microsoft) to marketplace scale-ups (Just Eat, Appear Here, Transferwise) to global brands (Lululemon, Fnatic) and many seed-stage startups. My career has taken me from being a writer/editor for magazines, to growth marketing strategist for tech startups, to content strategy lead in product design teams, to helping a music streaming platform launch and scale a disruptive model in a competitive market. I feel fortunate to have a vibrant portfolio of creative tech projects: from championing DJs to monetise their mixes by building next-gen fan clubs, to inspiring modern women to practice mindfulness via connected jewellery to educating people on environmental sustainability via the Google Assistant. Equal parts high-level strategic thinker and hands-on storyteller, I look for ways to turn meaningful insights into simplified, human-centred narratives. As a design thinker, I champion ideas like planet-centric storytelling, humane tech and circular design. I understand that modern businesses need to be both empathetically connected and rigorously data-driven to drive breakthrough results. My approach is to develop communication ecosystems that achieve both, setting teams up for success in the short- and long-term.
- Rebranding Mixcloud, the global community for audio cultureWhile Head of Comms at Mixcloud, my role was pivotal in developing and launching a new brand for the audio streaming platform loved by millions worldwide. Little work had been done on its brand since its early tech startup days. Facing a pivot in a competitive music streaming market, the time for rebranding was ripe. The mission: - Craft and communicate a new fan-to-creator focused mission and vision (see: Mixcloud Select) - Ditch the dated cloud and build a culturally relevant brand, appealin
- Empowering audio creators to build fan communities with Mixcloud SelectSoon after joining Mixcloud as Head of Comms, we launched Mixcloud Select, a new fan-to-creator subscription layer to the platform (think: Patreon for DJs, radio, podcasters and audio tastemakers) After a successful launch (See: Mixcloud Select - The First Wave) we shifted gears toward iteration and growth: improving the product features/positioning, onboarding creators and educating/training creators on how to grow their subscribers. Gathering insights from our first wave early adopters, we
- Launching Mixcloud Select, a pioneering funding model for online music“At a time when music is being commodified and curation is losing its humanity, Mixcloud Select puts creators in control and brings passionate people closer to the culture and communities they care about. The Mixcloud Select campaign is Get Closer.” Soon after joining Mixcloud as Head of Comms, we launched a new fan-to-creator subscription layer to the platform called Mixcloud Select (Think: Patreon for DJs, online radio, podcasters and audio tastemakers). Mixcloud is known and loved as a fre
- ZENTA BY VINAYAIn June 2016, VINAYA launched an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign to validate and spread the word about our next generation product. The campaign was produced and run entirely in house, was 100% funded within 41 hours of launch, and received made headlines in over 90 different press articles in top media outlets and blogs. As communications and content lead, I played a pivotal role across strategy, creative, copywriting, script writing, content marketing, email marketing, PR positioning, and di
- ALTRUIS X BY VINAYAFor VINAYA's upcoming second generation product release, I crafted the marketing messaging and content as product. Content plays a central part to the new VINAYA app, which works with and without its products. I was able to develop this in-app content concept from strategy to action, developing a daily curated feed of content to 'inspire introspection and reflection' that ties in with the product features.
+ View all
Content & Brand Strategist | CopywriterFreelance
London, United KingdomFreelance
Consulting for brands, big and small. Specialised in helping consumer tech startups establish effective brand architecture and communication ecosystems across product, marketing, social media and more. Previous clients include: Lululemon, Appear Here, Kinsu, Impossible Labs, Fnatic See portfolio work: http://www.lisaroolant.com
Head of CommunicationsMixcloud
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Recently, as Head of Comms at Mixcloud, I played a pivotal role in rebranding the beloved audio streaming platform and launching a pioneering fan-to-creator subscription model during a period of series A growth. Mixcloud is an audio streaming platform that supports creators to craft a deeper listening experience and build their own fan communities. It is home to a unique catalog of 50 million DJ mixes, radio shows and podcasts handcrafted by the world’s finest DJs, online radio stations and cultural tastemakers, available to be listened to for free across all devices. Mixcloud’s mission is to get more fans directly supporting creators and build a more sustainable future for audio culture.
+ Show more
- Content Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Communication Strategy
- Brand Strategy
- UX Copy
- Content Design
- Brand Marketing
- Brand Positioning
+ Show more
ELLE Business Awards Jury PrizeElle magazineI won the Jury Prize in a competition for female entrepreneurs hosted by ELLE Magazine (Belgium) and startup accelerator Idealy. My idea was for a platform for global storytelling named Gypsy Generation which I went on to build on a bootstrap budget and grow a global community of creative storytellers.