Majella Mark is a native Connecticut resident born to immigrant parents who came to the United States as artists from the Caribbean island, Grenada. She graduated from UCONN with a degree in Media and Society Studies focusing her independent major on the influence media has on cultures and vice versa. She also earned an MBA degree in International Business studying abroad in London at the European Business School of London. She has conducted numerous workshops including "The Wakanda Workshop" to address racial inequalities using Marvel's "Black Panther's" film as a reference point and the Judy Chicago's inspired art piece for the workshop, "Pvssy Plate Painting Party" to address gender inequalities and the objectification of the female body. She is also a writer and artist, involved with many organizations including Support Creativity, the United Nations Association, Womanly, Black Women's BluePrint and others.
- New Book: Cats Are Trash Human Beings: What I Learned About Feminism Through My CatsAs much as we adore the videos, Instagram filters and Halloween costumes, these cute, sassy felines could actually teach us a thing or two about feminism. This adult pop up book is a fun item to have on your coffee table, sparking conversation and a few laughs. Show how quirky and progressive you are with this book. Currently crowdfunding for the book on Publishizer https://publishizer.com/cats-are-trash-human-beings/ Pre-Order your copy today. Campaign ends in seven days!
- Writer for An InjusticeMedium digital magazine focused on the principle of Voices, Values, Identities. It is a space to address social justice issues through a variety of perspectives on numerous topics. I have written pieces on issues pertaining to the black community in the US, such as abortion rights, voting and colourism. You can find the articles at https://medium.com/an-injustice
- Black Women's Day of Meditation for World Peace 2020 Virtual GatheringMet God, She's Black hosted the second annual Black Women's Day of Meditation with the founders of the annual celebration. The day was created by three black women named Elizabeth Boston, Dominique Mobley and Ajia Munns. With the current climate of political chaos, blatant prejudice and Covid-19, the world needs some Black Girl Magic more than ever. Black and Indigenous women along with allies across the world, simultaneously meditated the manifestation of world peace. The significance of having
- The Body Hair Day WorkshopWith trendy products such as bush oils, influencers creating shock posts of their hairy vulvas and even the underarm hair movement we see a shift in reverting back to a natural grooming practice for women. This art workshop is just an open dialogue on where we are as individuals today.
- Black Girl Static: a Women's History Month Video Project by Met God, She's BlackWe were recording an open discussion with a group of black women of different ethnic backgrounds, ages, professions and perspectives, which was an amazing experience. However the audio got wonky and not wanted to waste content a video art project was created. Due to the quarantine we were not able to have a Women's Herstory Event this year, but did take a moment to do a video project with the extra home time. Met God, She's Black presents: Black Girl Static
- Served On A PlatterIn celebration of International Women's Day on March 8th and Women's Herstory Month, Met God, She's Black is auctioning a collection of twelve plates called "Served on A Platter". Each plate has a distinctive visual connection with the western world systematically, culturally, religiously or sociologically. The focused of each plate is the center celebrating the complexities of centralized female anatomy surrounded by detailed imagery lacking symmetry and perfection, which is a tribute to the be
+ View all
United StatesFull Time
• Selecting research methods appropriate for new initiatives, generate post advertising campaign reports, and make appropriate recommendations. • Develop metrics and strategies to test and enhance performance of campaigns on all platforms (TiVo Linear and Digital Guide, Verizon, FanTV, LG and Samsung Smart TV). • Conduct advertising program, digital, and trend analysis through the use of predictive statistics, customer profiling, and data analysis by campaign, advertiser, quarter or upfront. • Analyzing campaign performance and research results using a variety of numerical and IT tools such as SalesForce to manage the data for the Ad Sales team, Tableau to create the reports, Excel for calculations and Adtrax to retrieve advertising campaign creatives • Collaborate with internal departments to prepare and present findings to clients, creating numerical power point presentations. • Creating queries for requested data reports for all media activity within TiVo managing and coding with SQL
+ Show more
- Article Writing
- Event Coordination
- Project Management
- Analysis Reporting
- Analysing Data
- International Affairs