Art director and magazine designer (print and digital) for more than twenty years, creating travel, tourism and business publications in Sydney, Australia and technology magazines and online artwork in London, UK for the global tech media company, IDG (www.idg.co.uk) Currently designing on a freelance basis for a variety of newsstand and B2B titles, across a diverse range of subject areas, including nature, conservation, music and audio production, toys and the computer game industry. Further work samples can be viewed here: https://mjdesign1760.squarespace.com/
- Birdwatch Magazine - August 2019 issueThis is a double page spread, editorial design of a feature for Birdwatch magazine published in August 2019. The feature is a county guide for Suffolk which reports on the best places to spot a wide variety of bird species in Suffolk by the journalist, photographer and bird enthusiast Ed Hutchings. The editor for this magazine is Rebecca Armstrong and it is published monthly by Warners Group publications.
- MCV Magazine - Issue 948 July 2019Opening double page spread, editorial design for MCV's July 2019 issue which features a chat with Mark Healey and Kareem Ettouney of Media Molecule, regarding their computer game ' Dreams'. Working with the journalist, Marie Dealessandri and editor Seth Barton of BizMedia ltd. Feature artwork is taken from Media Molecule's game 'Dreams'.
- PSNE Magazine - September 2018 issueThis DPS editorial feature design for PSNE magazine's September 2018 issue incorporates the photography of Marikel Lahana and the words of Daniel Gumble, an interview with the musician Sophie Hunger and producer Dan Carey of her fourth album Molecules, discussing equipment, studio techniques and creativity.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Top 10: career advice tips for 2022Job hunting? Thinking of pivoting your career? Struggling with motivation? Wanting to grow your network? We’ve got you! We’ve put together our top 10 career-related questions for 2022 to help you navigate through the year ahead, no matter if you’re just starting out, or already have experience in the industry. Click through to see insights, advice and top tips from industry mentors and our brilliant Dots community. Got some thoughts of your own? Please add your own wisdom if you have anything56
- Top 10: career advice tips for 2023Job hunting? Thinking of pivoting your career? Struggling with motivation? Working with a tricky client? We’ve got you! We’ve put together our top 10 career-related questions for 2023 to help you navigate through the year ahead, no matter if you’re just starting out, or already have experience in the industry. Click through to see insights, advice and top tips from industry mentors and our brilliant Dots community. Got some thoughts of your own? Please add your own wisdom if you have anything32
DesignerWarner Group Publications Plc
London, United KingdomFreelance
Designer for Birdwatch magazine (newsstand and subscription publication)
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Editorial Design
- Art Directing
- Magazine Production
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Logo Design
- Image Retouching