We make brands famous and I'm the loud mouth at Mellor&Smith. We work with brand who know the power of difference, who want to light a fire and be memorable. Brands who want to be famous. Drop me a line if you fancy it: +44 (0)203 633 2153 or email@example.com Our monthly newsletter: https://confirmsubscription.com/h/r/F81985AFC3D6F5372540EF23F30FEDED My Insta: https://www.instagram.com/mrpaulmellor/ My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrpaulmellor/ 2009, I started Mellor&Smith with the sexiest man in London, James Smith. 2015, Became a fellow at the Chartered Society of Designers. 2017, I started the #TakeFuckingRisks speaker series with the fabulous Cookie Tabinor. 2020, I started Series-A with Mark Jackson and Greg Maull. I now split my time between London (UK) and Annecy (France).
- Ashridge Executive Education StuntPROBLEM You’re a triple-accredited, global business school with a mission of becoming the most relevant in the world. The Learning Technologies Show takes place yearly, with over 200 other exhibitors and 8,500 visitors. You need to get noticed, but you’re in a crowded market.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- GoCardless. Bigger Boat.Failed payments aren’t often the first thing on a companies ‘to-do’ list. Huge enterprises take thousands of customer payments a day. A lot of them fail, costing millions. But how do you get the companies top-brass to think about it? You’ve got smack them in the face and sow the seed so they can’t miss it. It’s B2B, but the rules of engagement are the same. Fame: Thousands of campaign landing page visits, CTR’s, social engagement and shed-loads of inbound sales enquiries.4
- Canopy. Goes Fresh.How do you get renters to think positively about their rent? We’d been working with Canopy for a while, creating Ad campaigns and making them famous. Things were growing, the work was driving customer sign ups but something was missing. A killer brand to talk one-to-one and make people feel special. Cue a rebrand. Talking to the public with empathy and realism, but doing it with some va-va-voom. Fresh, vibrant and real. Fame: More renters, more downloads and crucially… more traction.9
- Mango Bikes. Commuticise.How do you convince a non-cyclist to buy your bike for commuting? We’ve been making Mango famous for nearly a year. Built on rock solid foundations, we’re able to be tactical. In Summer 2020, when swathes of the UK were searching for a bike to commute on we put Mango at the top of that list. Talking to the public with a twinkle in the eye. And the website crashed under the weight of traffic. Simple, timely and effective. Fame: More bikes sold than they can handle. And if in doubt… crash the s4
- Canopy. Nuffin'.How do you get renters to realise their rent each month does nothing for their credit score? “Rent is dead money”. The thing is, it doesn’t have to be. We flipped the perspective, zeroing in on their frustrations, using quirky colloquialisms to show they can get more bang for their buck. Commuters photographing Ads is always a good sign, and London’ers were posting these all over their instagram. Fame: 98% increase in app downloads in the first 6 weeks.
- Proceive. Giving nature a helping hand.How do you convince couples not struggling to conceive, they should accept a bit of help in making it happen? Proceive has proper scientific chops, but any mention of fertility and the public thinks you’re saying they have a ‘problem’. So we were soft, but not too soft. And scientific, without saying fertility. A tight rope. The result is a category defining product and campaign. Famous. Fame: 50% increase in SKUs listed by key retailers.2
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Advert Creation
- Brand Campaigns
- Creative Advertising