I'm an Art Director and Illustrator currently based in London. I did an art foundation course focusing on illustration before winning a 50% scholarship to the School of Communication Arts (SCA). While there, I was fortunate enough to receive a number of accolades and industry recognition (including D&AD, CREAM, Chip Shop, Shelf & Yes awards), which helped me get hired in my current capacity as an Art Director at Ogilvy & Mather. My creative partner and I were featured in Creative Review's graduate issue as 'ones to watch' and also in Contagious magazine. In my spare time, I work as a freelance illustrator, doing a mixture of commissioned portraits (pets, people and houses), as well as my own personal projects. Back in 2012, I was one of 20 artists invited by the BBC to paint the Queen's Diamond Jubilee - which lead to my artwork hang in a gallery alongside David Hockney. In 2016 Max and I gave a 60 minute talk at SXSW in Texas called "Screw Email! Why The Clever Comms Are Handmade"
- Greenpeace - Ocean of the FutureUK supermarkets generate 800,000 tonnes of plastic every year. A truckload of plastic enters our oceans every minute, and by 2050 there could actually be more plastic in the ocean than fish. In partnership with Greenpeace, we built an aquarium that was filled with plastic instead of fish. We called the exhibit ‘The Ocean of the Future’ and invited schoolchildren to come and see it. We captured their dismayed reactions at the plastic bottles, bags and other rubbish they saw instead of the beauti
- Lady GardenA campaign for the Philips Lumea - an at-home IPL device that uses painless pulses of light to stop hair growing back. We created special-build OOH that empathised with the hassles of hair removal in a playful way, which we believed was pretty refreshing for the category. The campaign message was emphasised with strategic timing during and placement near Wimbledon and the London flower shows. Creative Director: Gerry Human Agency: Ogilvy & Mather London
- A Little More ActionTo launch Philips’ latest innovation, the Health Watch, we wanted to dramatise the main product benefit – improved heart health – by using the most unlikely of ambassadors: Elvis Presley. The idea was simple: help The King live again by using the Philips Health Watch to improve the heart health of his spiritual successor: the Elvis tribute artist. The campaign tells the story of Keith Hart, a software engineer from Portland who dreamt of performing as his hero, but was being held back by his health and lack of confidence. We gave Keith 5 weeks and a challenge: to transform himself from overweight desk-worker, to all-singing all-dancing stage star. With the help of the Philips personal health programs, and a champion Elvis Tribute Artist mentor (Dean Z), Keith underwent an amazing journey, and proved that small steps are all you need to improve your health and achieve the things you never dreamed possible. Agency: Ogilvy & Mather London Executive Creative Director: Gerry Human Creative Director: Trevallyn Hall Director: Peter King
- Badge of ShameFootball fans are incredibly passionate about their clubs. Unfortunately sometimes this passion is mis-channeled in the form of racist slurs and songs, which turn the beautiful game ugly. We conceived a campaign to remind fans that racism is racism, no matter the context. And more than that, they hinder their own team rather than help it if they participate. The message? If you behave like a racist, you shame the shirt.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- SXSW 2016 talk - Screw Email! Why the clever comms are handmadeLike all great things, this story started in a pub. A drunken conversation inspired us to submit a proposal for a talk, which was accepted. Six months later, we spoke in the 1,000 capacity Grand Austin Ballroom about the marketing stopping power of handwritten letters. The 60 minute presentation featured original interviews with ad-land legends Rory Sutherland and Steve Harrison, as well as 2 rising start up stars. Our talk was subsequently covered by several media outlets. We also received over
- Art Direction
- Creative Ideas/concepts
A full-time course in advertising
Art Foundation Degree
- Stroud, United Kingdom
I specialised in illustration and achieved a distinction.
Creative Team of the YearMy copywriter, Max Maclean and I, were named the YDLA 'Creative Team of the Year'
CREAM WINNERJudged by the great and good of the ad industry, the CREAM awards recognise the top 20 student portfolios worldwide.
+ Show more