A freelance social media specialist with over five years of industry experience open to new opportunities. No social media job is too big or too small for me and I’m just as comfortable making killer gifs and writing witty tweets as I am leading a team of social media experts to launch a major new brand or show. My most recent work includes heading up the Social Studio of Weber Shandwick London, leading a team of designers, copywriters, community managers and freelancers to create insights driven, original social content for some of the world’s biggest consumer brands including Aldi, Vauxhall, Nespresso, Unilever and Virgin Atlantic amongst others. I spent 4 years at Social Media agency Telegraph Hill as a Creative Lead where I developed and delivered social media strategy, social media management and content for TV and movie brands including the BBC, ITV, Sky, E!, Syfy and Universal. I have experience in developing social media creative strategies, social media management, asset creation, photography, photoshop, gif creation, copywriting, pitching, developing creative concepts, leading social teams, community management and social media insights and reporting. My goal is to captivate and entertain audiences with daring, original content that disrupts feeds, sparks conversations and inspires followers, if that meets your business needs, then call me on 07742662514 and let's chat!
- Aldi Kevin The CarrotThe Brief: Christmas adverts are an annual tradition in the UK and Aldi wanted to create one that would beat the other supermarkets and win over audiences. They created a loveable character, Kevin The Carrot, and challenged Weber Shandwick to create a social campaign that would carry on and expand Kevin's Christmas Adventrue throughout the festive period. My Role : Heading up Weber Shandwick's social studio, I developed the content plans for Aldi’s #KevinTheCarrot Christmas campaign. Me and my
- BBC AtlantisThe Brief: BBC Atlantis is a prime time Saturday night family drama for BBC One similar to Merlin and Doctor Who. The BBC needed to launch the show's social platforms, create online buzz around the TX's and create daily content throughout the duration of series one. My Role: I was the lead content creative for this campaign and my main role was to create the social assets and copy for Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr that introduced the world, characters and stories to the auduence. As the show wa
- AldiThe Brief: Aldi supermarket employed Weber Shandwick as their social media retainer agency to create campaigns and 'Always On' content for their social channels. My Role: As a Social Media Editorial Lead, my role was to galvanize a team of copywriters, community managers and designers to create social content for Aldi's Twitter and Facebook feeds. Working closely with the account team, I created a series of mini campaigns for the key sales periods in the Aldi calendar including Blue Monday, V
- Syfy ChannelThe Brief: Syfy Channel was launching a summer of new, returning and classic shows and their inhouse social team needed some support. They hired Telegraph Hill as their social media agency to help with creating themed content for every major show that would excite and delight their fans. My Role: As the Design Manager and content specialist at Telegraph Hill, I worked closely with the account team to dream up always on content such as epic gifs, quote images, cover images, hero and villain them
- 13th StreetThe Brief: 13th Street is an international crime themed channel owned by NBC Universal. They needed an international campaign to drive brand awareness in Poland and The Netherlands that would push the audience to associate the number 13 with crime stories. They challenged us to come up with an interactive crime themed competition with the number 13 at its heart. Our response was to develop a multi platform puzzle competition with a clear mission... 13 days, 13 crimes, 13,000 Euros. My Role:
- BetwayThe Brief: Betway the online betting giant was struggling to grow their social media audience and wanted to create reactive content that would help them stand out in a crowded social space. Gambling fans are notoriously fickle when it comes to brand loyalty, so Betway knew that they needed more than just special offers to grow their social audiences. Betway also sponsor a number of live events including The Darts Premier League and needed a social team to report the latest action from these key
+ View all
Head of Social Studio and Social Media Editorial Lead Weber Shandwick
- London, United KingdomFull Time
I lead a content focused team of social media experts to deliver everything from social media strategies and hero social media campaigns to reactive daily content and monthly social calendars for a variety of first class consumer clients. Recent campaigns have included: - Aldi’s #KevinTheCarrot which beat John Lewis to be named ‘most successful festive campaign’ by Marketing Week. - The Fan Hotline for Vauxhall’s ongoing #GetIN campaign. Utilising the car manufacturer’s status as the sponsor of the Home Nation teams to surprise football fans with a Facetime call from their favourite football players. - #ChristmasCalmers for Vauxhall. A series of ASMR inspired surreal live streams, designed to relax and engage followers during the full-on festive season.
Creative Lead and Design Manager
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Generating, developing and pitching powerful creative ideas to answer client briefs and new business objectives. In this dual role, I delivered brave and bold campaigns, social media strategies and stunning social content from planning to execution for a range of clients including NBC Universal, E! Channel, Britain's Beer Alliance, ITV, TGI Friday and Sky One to name but a few. Select Campaigns and Activities Include: - Developing and executing an international brand campaign for Universal crime channel ‘13th Street’. The multimedia treasure hunt campaign went on to win a Silver Promax Award for Best Cross Media Campaign for a Channel. - Launching and providing ongoing social content for series one of the new Thunderbirds Are Go show for ITV on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr - Launching and providing ongoing social content for a range of new and returning shows for the E! channel. such as Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Total Divas and Live From the Red Carpet. - Managing the official live tweetalongs for Syfy channel’s Sharknado 2 and 3. - Providing creative strategy and social content planners for Sky 1 and Sky Atlantic for the launches of Stan Lee’s Lucky Man, The Five and Game of Thrones. - Launching and developing designs for a ‘choose your own adventure’ microsite for the release of the horror movie Green Room - Developing and designing social media strategies and toolkits for a variety of brands and broadcasters, including the Royal Foundation, BBC 5Live, Betway and United for Wildlife.
+ Show more
- Digital Media
- Print Design
- Art Direction
- Digital Imaging
- Social Media Marketing
- Online Campaigns
- Print Campaigns
- Community Management
- Microsoft Office
- Asset Creation
- Creative Strategy
Film, Radio And Television Studies
Drama and Theatre Studies
Silver Promax AwardAwarded to 13th Street Brand Campaign in Poland and The Netherlands. A campaign for which I was both the lead creative and project manager, leading a team of creatives, copywriters and designers to deliver excellent results to our client, NBC Universal.
Google Photography PrizeTop 90 shortlist in the Google 2012 Photography competition, beating over 20,000 other international entries. My work went on to be displayed in the Saatchi Gallery in London. You can view a selection of my featured work here - http://www.google.com/landing/photographyprize/winners.html