My name is Robyn and I'm a creative copywriter, brand storyteller and – according to one guy on LinkedIn – a certified word nerd. I work with brands like WeTransfer, JBL, adidas and Headspace on everything from emails and ad campaigns to magazines and tweets. Everything I do is about getting the right message to the right people using the right tone of voice. I love getting involved in the creative community and I've spoken at both design and copywriting events about the power of words. I also write and curate Rest in Progress, a monthly newsletter about all the ideas the world doesn't get to see. https://restinprogress.substack.com/p/coming-soon I’ve designed escape rooms, edited magazines and one time I auditioned to play a zombie extra in World War Z. (I didn’t get a callback but I kinda take it as a compliment.) But that’s enough about me. Do you need help with copy, editing or creative strategy? Or perhaps you want to know about my least favourite words – curveball: moist isn’t one of them. Then hit me back, just to chat. Your biggest fan, this is, er, Robyn
- JBL Club OneTo celebrate the release of its new Club One headphones, JBL wanted to run a series of competitions across its social media platforms. I created copy for the social assets and the captions that went with them (made slightly more challenging by a global pandemic forcing everyone into lockdown). Each post received around 30,000 views, contributing to a surge of sales and interest in the Club One headphones.
- adidas Originals x WeTransferWeTransfer’s in-house studio takes care of the carefully designed and curated advertising wallpapers you see on the site. As part of this team I had the chance to work on campaigns for clients like Red Bull, Netflix and Mailchimp. One of my favorites is this set of interactive ads for adidas Originals. The copy calls out late-night creators who find inspiration after hours – a (literal) reflection of the newly launched Nite Jogger, a shoe that’s ready to run when you are. Find out more about h
- Solo | West Berkshire BreweryWorking with the design team at Thirst Craft agency, I led copy and creative strategy for Solo, a new non-alcoholic beer from West Berkshire Brewery. While the initial brief was for one bright, bold brand for a pale ale, the concept was so well received that West Berkshire decided to create a further two beers making a full Solo range.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- WeTransfer: Ideas Report— THE CHALLENGE — WeTransfer, the file sharing platform used by over 42 million monthly users, wanted to spark a new kind of conversation around creativity, asking when, where, and how does creative inspiration strike. 75% of WeTransfer’s users identify as creatives and the company has long believed that creative thinking changes the world for the better (the platform donates 30% of its advertising space to showcase art, illustration, and music. WeTransfer is uniquely positioned to understand
- WeTransfer Ideas Report 2019We asked 20,000 creatives from almost every country on the planet seven questions on how they develop their ideas. Ideas are a messy business. They’re maddening and unpredictable. There are dead ends, wrong turns and all manner of false starts. To get our heads around them, in 2018 we created the first ever WeTransfer Ideas Report, asking 10,000 creatives about how, when and where they get their best ideas. But we couldn’t leave it at that. You see, having an idea is only half the battle. Once17
- Amsterdam, NetherlandsFull Time
Whether it's intricate button copy in the product UI or a global campaign with the likes of King Krule, Adidas or Slack - if you come across a word on WeTransfer, there’s a good chance I wrote it. If that word is taken from an early 00s RnB track, or references (pretty much) any kind of snack — the chance is even higher.
- Creative Campaigns
- Editing Copy
- Brand Tone
- Editorial Content
- Content Writing