Saachi Mehta is a visual artist. Her area of work lies at an intersection of conceptual illustration and graphic design. With an inclination towards conceptually driven work, she explores the relevance of indigenous cultural identity in the contemporary world. She completed her Masters in Illustration & Visual Media from London College of Communication, University of the Arts, London and holds a Bachelors degree in Commerce and Economics from H. R. College of Commerce and Economics along with a Diploma in Visual and Communication Arts from L.S.Raheja, School of Art, Worli, Mumbai. She is an opportunist with wanderlust and that has led her to work with people across the globe. Victoria & Albert Museum, Ladybird Publishers, Coca Cola (EU), NASA, London College of Communication (Short Courses), NIKE, Natural Recall and the Infinity Foundation (New Jersey) are some of the brands she has worked with. She is a winner of many accolades and has exhibited her work on various occassions in London and Venice. She enjoys writing articles on visual art and design, while also penning down thoughts on everyday happenings.
- Bhansali's BollywoodBhansali's Bollywood Retrospective Screening Monotype Movie Posters- D&AD Entry 2015 The director chosen is Sanjay Leela Bhansali from Bollywood who is known for his grand film sets and exuberant display of drama and colour in his movies. The typography based visuals represent a famous dialogue from the protagonist of the movie.
- Natural TypographyBeautiful & Imperfect Nature is 'Beautifully Imperfect'. Do perfect people, perfect things or perfect lives exist? Probably not. Probably the correct adjective is beautiful, and the people, things and lives are imperfect. But thats where the beauty lies… Nature is the base of all these creations. To depict this, the typography is also created by hand and not made to perfection, while the subtle colours are used to highlight and enhance the beauty of the plants. At the same time, the part that r
- Dyslexia - Creatively AbledA brief allotted to MA Illustration and Visual Media students. We, a group of 12 students, managed to develop the entire storyboard, create the characters, backgrounds, infographics, typography, animation and sounds. I came up with the title for the film – ‘Creatively Abled’. It is based on the thought that the Disabled especially with Dyslexia do not lack skills but are rather blessed with creativity and are hence – Creatively Abled! The characters and backgrounds in the film are kept simple, so that they are recognisable and easily relatable. Also, the message is given more importance and highlighted. The graph paper is used to add a more crude, authentic and aesthetic appeal. While the font for the titles is created simply with folded paper, to make it interesting and fun, the font for all information is a font called ‘Dyslexie’ which is a special typeface, and is easier to read for the people with dyslexia. Even the colour scheme is accordingly chosen, which is subtle and not too flashy. The infographics are bold and with brighter colours to grab attention to the important information. Lastly, the music and sounds chosen are to make the video enjoyable.
- The Future Of Money - V&AWorking under the direction of Irini Mirena Papadimitriou the Digital Programmes Manager,V&A, develop a set of images (at least 6) from the V&A digital programmes event ‘Future of Money’. These will then be used in a printed publication for the V&A digital programmes team. CONCEPT : FORTUNE - TELLING “Bread, cash, dosh, dough, loot, lucre, moolah, readies, the where withal: call it what you like, money matters. To Christians, the love of it is the root of all evil. To generals, it is the sinews
- B.J.P. Election CampaignThe campaign was made on the theme of the destruction of the demons of inflation, corruption and atrocity by Shri Narendra Modi, the current Prime Minister of India. Highlighting the fact that even a miniature of his, could bring down bigger evils in the society, like he has in his own State. Also, the demons are portrayed as per the Hindu mythology, to bring out the true philosophies of this Political Party, which is widely misunderstood. Their philosophy of Hinduism is nothing but the victory of good over evil, and this is what I have tried to bring out in this illustrative campaign. Also a semi realistic style of illustration is used in grey tones to add interest value while still depicting the grim and dull realities. The language for the headlines and copy used is Hindi, as its the national language and this being a political campaign, makes Hindi more relatable.
- Warli and Twitter meet MumbaiWarli, a minimalistic tribal art form, created using very few shapes and colour and Twitter, a minimalistic written storytelling form, created with just 140 characters meet Mumbai. A project where tradition and technology combine and 140 warily characters are created from the city of Mumbai to form one visual Tweet.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- 'The Ladybird Web' Interactive InstallationLadybird Books Reimagined at The London Design Festival 2015 The project won the 'Best Interactive Installation' Prize for Ladybirds Publications '100 Years of Ladybird' competition and was exhibited as a part of the London Design Festival 2015. Concept: The Ladybird Web – an interactive game that connects Ladybird book imagery with contemporary and comparative visuals. Ladybird is an archive of anything and everything. It is an 'old search engine', almost like an 'Analog Google'. Elaborating
- Design Works WondersYCN Student Awards : Design Works Wonders Client : MOO MOO is a vibrant and colourful online print and design company. This brief challenged us to interpret their new brand philosophy and tagline - Design Works Wonders in various formats. The freedom to approach design and explain how it works wonders boundlessly was what appealed to us to choose this brief. Having worked on it, we realised not only how the brand has created a platform for itself, which portrays it with a bold, fun and playful outlook, but also the amount of thought and details that actually go behind in creating and maintaining that image. It has carved out a unique reputation for itself in the industry and continuously surprises with its work, truly living up to its philosophy - Design Works Wonders. Design Works Wonders. Having researched we reinterpreted this philosophy, and have depicted one of the most wonderful specimens of design created by nature itself - the human anatomy. This work is an animation of illustrations of the brain, the heart and the hand. It depicts how the brain, the heart and the hand are some of the most amazing design works and structures in the human body. We take for granted the wonders created by the intricate mechanics involved in the structure and working of their design. And literally explaining the tagline as well, when the brain ideates, the heart works with passion and the hand creates, the design that is then created genuinely works wonders. So the design of these organs themselves and the designs created cumulatively by them all create wonders and prove the philosophy right.
- Dyslexia - Creatively AbledA brief allotted to MA Illustration and Visual Media students. We, a group of 12 students, managed to develop the entire storyboard, create the characters, backgrounds, infographics, typography, animation and sounds. I came up with the title for the film – ‘Creatively Abled’. It is based on the thought that the Disabled especially with Dyslexia do not lack skills but are rather blessed with creativity and are hence – Creatively Abled! The characters and backgrounds in the film are kept simple, s
+ Show more
Tiloniya, Rajasthan 305816, IndiaFreelance
Illustrations for and designing educational material, booklets on women's health and nutrition and a board game.
- Mumbai, IndiaFull Time
Illustrations for editorial and digital content
+ Show more
- Corporate Identity
- Logo Design
- Creative Writing
MA Illustration and Visual Media
+ Show more
2016 Kyoorius Student Awards Nominee and In Book Winner : Illustration CategoryThey are the foremost awards for designers in India, honouring creative work in the Indian Visual Communications sphere. Kyoorius are partnered by D&AD and supported by the International Advertising Association - India Chapter. D&AD is recognised over the world as one of the most prestigious design awards.
Capsule - Made in Arts LondonMade in Arts LondonSelected and exhibited at ‘Capsule’ Made in Arts London. ‘Capsule’ in its third annual independent exhibition showcasing art and design from UAL students and recent graduates. A curated collection of site specific creations, limited editions, fine art, design, video & performance pieces will be exhibited, including Made in Art London's latest Spring/Summer 2015 Collection chosen by Kathleen Soriano, Dominic Wilcox and Natalie Brett
+ Show more