- The Guardian, 200 Years A Work In ProgressThe Guardian turned 200 on May 5th 2021. Our challenge was to create a brand campaign around the bicentenary which didn't feel overly self-congratulatory. That felt like a celebration of the history and the impact of 200 years of progressive journalism and most importantly talked to the challenges which lay ahead. We created a campaign positioning The Guardian as one of the world's original challenger brands — born from a need for the facts, challenging journalism and new ideas — which remains
- Nike Shanghai Marathon 2019It isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon — I directed a campaign to raise awareness and attract amateur and professional athletes to take part in the Shanghai International Marathon. Working in collaboration with Nike’s Brand Design team and the Shanghai government, we created an eye-catching and exciting campaign which took-over the city through flyposting and retail marketing.
- A poster that is meant to be listened to, not read.The poster features audio transcripts from two recent podcast episodes on climate change and Brexit, with large font overlapping the text to direct attention to a call to action: "Don’t read this poster. Listen to it". The design plays on the setting of a Tube carriage and the benefits of listening on the move. We wanted to let tube commuters know that instead of gawping at social media, avoiding eye contact with the person opposite them, or — God forbid — staring blankly at ads, they could
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- The Guardian - Space ForWe created a through-the-line campaign with multiple aims. To launch the new tabloid paper size and design, to position the Guardian's new style of journalism and to drive support from the readers. The campaign, voiced by Maxine Peake, uses the new Guardian tabloid shape to create a space for the changes we would like to see in the world.
- The Guardian - Today in FocusStories that speak to you. Today in focus is The Guardian’s flagship podcast, the creative approach was developed around a two central ideas — the daily rhythm of its release, and ‘stories that speak to you’. These ideas are used to meet the practical need to explain without losing important emotional cues.
- The Guardian Jobs: Find good companyNational B2B & B2B campaign in print and digital. Brief: As a challenger in the recruiter market, Guardian Jobs needed to stand out to be heard. Where most job sites focus on the individual benefit of finding the right role, I had to show that Guardian Jobs is different. Idea: When the place you work values the same things as you, everybody wins. We paired charming illustrations with clever copy to engage a wide audience. I collaborated closely with the illustrator, my CD and the client to ac
+ Show more
- Creative Direction
- Creative Advertising
- Art Direction