Hello, I'm Scott. I'm a cheeky, spirited freelance Copywriter with 10 years experience writing online for a variety of local, national, and international brands. I have a background in award-winning content creation, and a passion for the elegant communication of great ideas. I excel at talking, teaching, and solving problems; I love managing unusual projects, learning new things and enormous mugs of green tea. I’ve won various awards for my digital content creation, my podcast, and my community radio show. I’ve helped shape the way a variety of local, national, and international brands sound, engage and interact with their different audiences, by creating content for Samsung, EE (from pre-launch through to fully-functioning digital presence), and Cadbury, among others. In a previous life I co-founded and directed The UK's largest and fastest-growing gay lifestyle magazine (nominated for Stonewall Publication of the Year) and, oddly, worked as a professional masseur.
- Would Like To Meet - CambridgeAs part of an art project by Scottee And Friends, I was commissioned to record a couple of fun audio packages involving the residents of Ross St, Cambridge. This project presented several interesting puzzles, such as how to work around the limitations of time, budget and equipment; as it was recorded in August 2020, so a minimum distance of 2 metres from every recording subject needed to be observed, as well as all recording being conducted outside, on a busy street, near an active airstrip.
- Global Head of Brand Voice & Content - Text100/ArchetypeI was brought in as a Senior Consultant by Text100’s Global Creative Director to help define and refine the newly-rebranded company’s brand voice, for all external and internal communications. I worked alongside three Regional Marketing Managers to ensure a coherent, cohesive and above all engaging brand voice across all Text100 properties. This involved travelling to many of our offices to present, explain and discuss the company’s new brand voice with operatives on the ground in a variety of
- Pigeon Air PatrolPigeon Air Patrol was a small activation designed to raise awareness and drive conversation around London's air pollution problem: We strapped air pollution sensors to pigeons who took readings as they flew around London, and tweeting the results as they went. The campaign went unexpectedly viral, and my small team suddenly found ourselves in an international spotlight, showcasing the best crewative and technical thought that Lost Bouys had to offer. I was responsible for writing and managing t
- Samsung UK @ Cheil LondonCheil approached me to work on their Samsung UK social accounts, across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Cheil's mission was to make Samsung's brand one that's seen as fun to interact with on social channels. One of the ways I approached this was to start looking for relevant memes and trends that the Samsung account could add something to, as well as responding to appropriate tweets from happy Samsung users. (Unhappy Samsung users talk to the Customer Services team.) As with all global compa
- Probably True Podcast"Consistently delivers compelling true stories for the LGBTQ community" A multi-award-winning LGBTQ storytelling podcast created, written and produced by me. Since its inception, it has won two Best Entertainment Podcast Awards and a Gold Bullseye Award ("producing exceptional listening experiences for audiences underrepresented in other British media") at the British Podcast Awards. Find out more at http://probablytruepodcast.com, or by searching "Probably True" in your podcatcher of choice
- RocketFuel Coffee - Forever BetaFrom May - December 2014, I was engaged by Forever Beta, working mostly on RocketFuel Coffee and their RocketFuel Space Programme campaign (along with some Google projects that are currently under NDA and so can't be added here). Targeted at students, the campaign focused on a competition to become the RocketFuel's 'Face of Space', ostensibly for the winner to be fired into space in a specially-built rocket. Due to budget requirements, assets for this campaign were very scarce, meaning the copy had to really carry the campaign, as boring copy and the same four images would soon bore consumers.
+ View all
Global Head of Brand Voice & ContentText 100
- London, United KingdomFull Time
was brought in as a Senior Consultant by Text100’s Global Creative Director to help define and refine the newly-rebranded company’s brand voice, for all external and internal communications. Main achievements: - Planned global rollout of rebrand, from initial announcement to public reveal - Developed and rolled out new Brand Voice to 700+ employees, in 22 offices over 4 continents - Managed creation and distribution of content for global website, social media, newsletters, etc.; Edited for tone of voice, engagement, etc. Sustained increase in traffic throughout tenure - Edited and developed pitches and RFIs alongside New Business teams - Planned and managed several special projects; including creating a global case study database, collected, collated and reworked more than 200 individual case studies
Social Copywriter & Content ManagerLost Boys
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Wrote and managed all social content for a five-day execution raising awareness and driving conversation around London’s air pollution issues. Activity generated over 2,000 news stories globally (including Al Jazeera, BBC and CNN), over 40,000 mentions, and over 667 million Twitter impressions
+ Show more
- Marketing PR
- Web Content
- Content and Media Writing
- Podcast Production
- Audio Editing
- Anecdotal Writing