Phi.Studio is the London-based practice of Sophie Rautenbach, a Design Director with expertise in building premium brands for innovative tech companies across all sectors. Whether you want to create a new visual identity or strengthen an existing one, I deliver intelligent design solutions grounded in strategic thinking. Offering a highly adaptable service in these uncertain times; I will assess your Brand’s unique requirements, either building an agile team for your needs or providing Director-level design on an individual basis. Phi takes an integrated approach to Graphic Design, Illustration and Art Direction. Say Hello@Phi.Studio or call +44 (0)207 117 2813 to chat.
- Bat CollectiveProject: Visual Identity Design Role: Creative Direction, Design Lead Agency: Phi.Studio Bat is an award winning creative partnership with studios in London and Paris; working in animation, illustration and live action to craft unique, immersive worlds full of compelling stories. Bat approached Phi.Studio to assess their market positioning and rebrand their visual identity. Whilst experts in telling other people’s brand stories, they struggled to communicate their own. Their new dynamic identi
- CallalyProject: Product shoot, Corporate ID, UI Overhaul Role: Creative Direction, Animation + Art Direction Agency: Phi.Studio Callaly is an innovative startup disrupting the £35B femcare industry one tampon at a time. Their tampliner is organic, shedfree and sterilised; unlike most brands on the market. They are also certified B-Corp and donate their time and money to people with periods. Having launched the first real tampon innovation in 80 years, they were looking to improve upon their existing
- GoogleProject: Financial Times Print + Digital campaign. Role: Creative Direction, Design Lead Agency: Phi.Studio, Beyond Digital Grow with Google is an initiative that draws on Google’s 20-year history of building products, platforms, and services that help people and businesses grow; helping everyone access the best of Google’s training and tools to grow their skills, careers, and businesses. With the recent fines levied against this tech giant, Phi.Studio worked with the wonderful team at Beyond
- Etihad AirlinesProject: Animated infographic promotion Role: Art Direction, Storyboarding, Illustration Agency: Phi.Studio, Mullen Lowe Commissioned by Mullen Lowe London, Phi.Studio was tasked with storyboarding, art directing and illustrating all animation-ready assets for a series of promotional animations detailing how to take advantage of Etihad’s air-miles points system. It was a real pleasure working with this client to successfully create something quite beautiful from a challenging brand palette.
- Smile for LondonProject: Identity Design for Arts Organisation Role: Creative Direction, Identity Design Agency: Phi.Studio Founded by Meme Partnership, Smile for London is the first ever digital art exhibition on the London Underground; inviting diverse artists to uplift and inspire London's Tube commuters with film and animation. SfL hijacked the XTP platform screens with creative intermissions featuring work by celebrated artists ranging from Anish Kapoor to Aardman Animation, and Jarvis Cocker to Kate Te
- NOTHS GuidelinesProject: Campaign Guidelines template Role: Brand development, Future proofing Agency: Phi.Studio In a time of transition for the brand, and a rapidly expanding creative team, Notonthehighstreet.com was struggling to maintain visual consistency across their multiple top line campaigns. Phi created a visual guideline template and sign-off process that would ensure freelance and permanent staff could maintain visual uniformity from concept, to product shoot, to final delivery of graphics. So whatever the occasion, be it Valentine’s day or Christmas; NOTHS is now able to ensure their brand values are maintained.
+ View all
London, United KingdomFull Time
www.Phi.Studio is the London-based design practice of Sophie Rautenbach, a design director with expertise in building premium brands for innovative startups. Recently I’ve been fortunate enough to work on an exciting variety of projects with brands such as Google, Farfetch, Callaly, Facebook, Instagram, Forth Studio and Etihad to name just a few. My general duties and responsibilities include creating conceptual solutions in response to briefs and executing across all relevant channels through to delivery. This includes but is not limited to Graphic Design Direction, Illustration, Art Direction for photo and animation shoots, advertising campaigns and brand development. I also regularly facilitate the development of brand identities and guidelines, ensuring that brands are applied consistently across campaigns and channels. I am adept at presenting concepts to stakeholders, clearly articulating how a creative solution meets the challenges of a brief. I ensure concepts are created and delivered within scope of the project schedule and budget whilst guiding and approving work from designers and shoot teams; providing leadership and supporting creative growth.
Integrated Art Directornotonthehighstreet
- London, United KingdomFull Time
It was a privilege to work with this award winning team; structured more like a traditional design agency than your typical in-house crew. Reporting to the Creative Director and Head of Art Direction, my duties and responsibilities included creating conceptual solutions in response to briefs and executing across all relevant channels through to delivery. This included but was not limited to direction of photo and animation shoots, creation and execution of advertising campaigns, spatial design for events and identity development. I also facilitated the development of the brand identity and guidelines and ensured the brand was applied consistently across campaigns and channels, keeping up to date with trends and culture that may influence the brand and was aware of competitors activity. I also presented concepts to stakeholders, ensuring they were engaged in the idea and the outcomes of the project, clearly articulating how a creative solution meets the challenges of the brief. I ensured concepts were created and delivered within scope of the project schedule and budget constraints, whilst guiding and approving work from designers and shoot teams; providing leadership and supporting their growth.
+ Show more
- 360 Branding
- Creative Direction
- Abobe Creative Suite
- Art Direction
- Graphic Design
- Motion Design
- Print Design
- Digital Design
- Project Management