Sophie Rose Brampton is a London based Artist and Freelance illustrator whose personal work focuses on contemporary trends, feminism and womanhood. Intrigued by millennial behaviours, sexism and female sexuality, these issues serve as inspiration for her digitally drawn illustrations. Her vibrant colour ways and unapologetic use of tongue-in-cheek humour has helped for her style to become recognisable and unique. Artist Bio - I am an Artist and freelance illustrator seeking new exciting creative projects and collaborations. I have experience working with brands and businesses on artwork for marketing, advertising campaigns and events. My services include artwork for commercial purpose, marketing, branding, design, product and personal commission. I also create live at events as a Portrait Artist. I've created for clients such as Puma, Durex, Adidas, Vans, Refinery 29, K Swiss, Superdrug, Nails inc, Teenage Cancer Trust, JD Sports, Footlocker, Boohoo, Missguided, In The Style and Quiz Clothing. Rates upon request, please email me at email@example.com
- PUMA X Office International Women's DayA selection of a few portraits I created for PUMA X Office collaboration for international women's day 2021. The theme for these was focusing on the Puma Cali Sport rose gold trainer, so I incorporated the black and rose gold pink into the artwork in the form of the stars around each of the women's illustrations with a black background. I added their names for a personal touch!
- International Women's Day Collaboration with Nu-in FashionI’ve teamed up with nu-in, a sustainable fashion forward brand on a t-shirt design as part of their “buy for good” initiative which is rethinking the way they sell their overstock to decrease wasteful buying all while donating to charities close to them, I’ve created a t-shirt design focusing on women speaking up against injustice and inequality. 15% goes to both the charities: Equality Now and The Female Lead. Mine and another artists t shirts have together raised €7800 so far! ✨ Equality
- Nail Gal Nat GIF packA package of 10 GIF's for salon owner and expert nail technician NailGalNat. These GIF's were created based on her branding by designer Abi Design - www.designbyabi.co.uk. We had made GIF's together previously before her rebrand, so these were an updated style featuring the added illustrations and movements to her branding. See the GIF's in action here as The Dots doesn't allow GIF uploads: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGpHtQEDdvM/
- PUMA X ASOS Autumn / Winter 2020 Collection ArtThis piece commissioned by Puma was a really cool project where the aim was to create a piece of artwork featuring the pieces from the winter collection in collaboration with ASOS. I chose pieces of clothing from each of the collection themes and created a moodboard style artwork showing clearly the different styles and colour sections. My background in fashion design came in handy for drawing out the CAD's for the clothes!
- Out Of Office Newsletter Subscription ArtArtwork for Out Of Office - a new platform dedicated to small business owners and women working for themselves, especially at home. Featuring tips for keeping focused and in control of your business. Sign up to the free email newletter here! https://outoffice.substack.com
- Wheel Of Misfortune Podcast Artwork on BBC SoundsI was recently given the opportunity to create some fun, vibrant artwork for a new podcast called Wheel Of Misfortune hosted by two comedians Alison Spittle and Fern Brady. Each week the wheel is span with a new theme selected to discuss and disclose their most embarrassing yet hilarious stories and experiences. 'The bad stuff that makes you feel good'. I was also very pleased that i was given creative direction and that they liked my new colourful artwork style and wanted to follow this for thi
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Phaedra Peer Presents Women Behind ArtivismBTI talent Phaedra Peer hosted a week long exhibition at Brick Lane Gallery Along with some hand selected amazing artists from the industry! This exhibition was all about Artivism - the act of mixing your art with strong activist messages. Exhibitionists: Phaedra Peer Elizabeth Ilsley Natalie Byrne Sophie Brampton Videographer/ Editor: Jackson Ndetiru Huge thanks to: Brick Lane Gallery Ugly Drinks Bosco Del Merlo
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Art Direction
- Branding Design
- Social Media Management
- Advertisement Design
- Abobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
Ba (Hons) Fashion Image and Communication The Arts University at Bournemouth
- Bournemouth, United Kingdom
This course began as a general Fashion 4-unit module practising skills in Fashion design, studies, pattern cutting and communications. After trying out all modules I found myself most drawn to the communications unit, learning skills in marketing, PR, promotions and 2D design. I created my own self-directed projects based on hypothetical campaigns designed by myself to increase sales and to advertise a brand of my choice that I felt my campaign idea could help. For my final major project counting towards 40% of my overall university grade of an upper level 2:1, I created a zine inspired by Riot Grrl - the fourth wave movement of feminism mainly consisting of anger-inspired poems, artwork and lyrics. My zine titled Babygurl zine (mimicking the infantization of women in society) consisted of self-directed fashion shoots and illustrations around the topics of beauty, feminism and womanhood. The zine included articles, photoshoots, illustrations and interviews with creatives. My final unit was an alternative to a dissertation which was a business plan for an embroidered clothing business. This project taught me excellent skills in business, marketing, sales, fashion production and manufacture. This course enabled me to gain the ability to be confident in self-promotion, art direction and being able to put my ideas into fruition. I was able to explore my creativity and direct my own projects right through to the final outcome.