I am a graphic designer with a multifaceted practice. My work has intersected illustration, art direction, education, publishing and branding in various cultural and commercial contexts. I’ve worked with small and big organisations to deliver engaging visual experiences that add value to ideas, stories and brands. My design methods are strategically based and creatively driven; I look for solutions that are equally compelling to the eyes and the intellect. Whether it’s a report, a visual identity or a campaign, my practice seeks to inform as much as inspire.
- A new standard for the property industryBrand development for Spec, a new service by Pupil meant to revolutionise the way we buy, let and sell residential properties. After Pentagram handed over the brand’s core elements (logo, typeface and colour palette), the identity had to be applied on various digital and physical contexts. An illustration style was also developed to accentuate the human aspects of the brand.
- Unlocking the digital future of Real EstateStak is a Pupil brand that works with industry-leading commercial asset managers to capture and deliver spatial datasets at scale. As opposed to its residential brand Spec, Stak needed a visual identity that resonated with the commercial and industrial sector. The intelligence and accuracy of Stak’s service are expressed by the use of visible grids, an industrial-inspired colour palette and modernist layouts. These link together stationary, reports, floor plans, decks and website.
- Pitch ReviewNew brand guidelines for Milliman’s pitching base materials and reports. As one of the biggest actuarial consultancy companies in the world, Milliman needed to tell a consistent story about who they were as a firm and the services they provided. This story was translated into a library of illustrations, pictures, icons, diagrams and templates for their main communication channels.
- Students on StrikeEstudiantes en Lucha (Students on Strike) is a facsimile from Pablo Mellado’s notebook. In it, he wrote his notes on the history of student protest he lectured to his classmates during his 2006 school occupation in Santiago, Chile. Pablo Mellado, also known as Gordo Mellado, is a fictional character from the illustrated novel Al Sur de la Alameda (Ekaré Sur, 2014), based on the Chilean student protests of 2006. This zine was published between Pupa Press and Ekare Sur in order to give the novel
- A smile after the credits rollSpeedwagon is a film production company with a big personality. The company needed a new visual identity that better reflected its service – fun, approachable, and rewarding. The visual identity takes on textures and colours coming from the chromatic aberration in lenses, and a typeface that is bold and expressive. This ties together stationery and a short social media campaign to announce the brand's new image.
- Cuarto: Architecture Playground. Issue 2 "Abnormal".Cuarto is a serial publication focused on the adjacent fields of architecture, understood as an open discipline that intervenes in a tangential and cross-cutting manner at many levels in the cultural scene and the way of life. The second issue’s re-design was oriented to improve four aspects left by the previous issue: simplify the typographic family, employ orthotypographic criteria for each language, take advantage of duotone printing, and improve the translation pages’ legibility. As a trili
Projects credited in
- Guiding interface and experience design for SpecSpec brings Pupil’s spacial services to the residential property market – offering estate agents more accurate and feature-rich marketing assets including both traditional photography and floorplans as well as VR experiences. Balkan Brothers worked closely with the internal design teams – collaborating on Pupil’s products, including Spec, and helping to design and prototype interfaces, design languages, interaction design patterns, websites, and mobile apps.
- Evolving the visual identity and website for Wibbitz, the video creation platform.Wibbitz is an automated video creation company that empowers any team to produce professional short-form videos. With 3 locations in Tel Aviv, New York, and Paris, and $40m in funding, Wibbitz was ready to unify their marketing efforts under a more cohesive, enterprise orientated brand. In June, 2019 Wibbitz partnered with Balkan Brothers to completely rebrand and launch Wibbitz’s new marketing platform and product suite.
Senior Graphic DesignerPupil
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Pupil is a spatial technology company, changing the world of data capture by creating immersive 3D/VR experiences. I led part of the Design team and worked closely with the Management, Marketing and Product teams to develop and implement the visual identity of their brands Pupil, Spec and Stak.
Graphic DesignerWithin Design Ltd.
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Within Design International creates world-class communications for global business leaders. I led design projects for global brands in the property, law and insurance sector. I also helped build the design team and maintain relationships with both clients and suppliers.
- Editorial Design
- Art Direction
- Visual Identity
- Data Visualisation