Class of Your Own
Construction Innovation Hub is a government backed initiative which is transforming and future proofing the UK’s built environment industries, to deliver long-term environmental, economic and social benefits, for current and future generations.
Class Of Your Own, is a UK social business and education consultancy, inspiring young people to discover roles in architecture, engineering and construction – through its Design Engineer Construct® accredited learning programme.
The two parties recently joined together to develop a campaign to support the construction industry to attract the brightest and best upcoming talent, supported by CITB (the Industry Training Board for the construction industry) and signposting to their ‘Go Construct’ website, which provides resources for anyone looking for a career in the construction and built environment sector.
We were enlisted to create a promotional video and supporting communications campaign to highlight the opportunities of careers in construction to a wide audience comprising parents, teachers, students – and also the construction industry itself.
The video is designed to help change perceptions of jobs in the industry, to support the industry-wide effort to re-frame public perception from ‘men in hard hats’ to the exciting industry and world-leading innovative sector that it is.
- Inspire young people to consider a career in construction
- Transform perceptions of the construction industry as a whole and reframe it as a sector which is innovative and ready for the future
- Develop a watertight communications campaign to support and further promote the initiative
- Created a short film focused on inspiring parents, teachers and industry through an inspiring narrative
- Engaged KS4 media students from De La Salle Academy in Liverpool in a series of creative sessions to learn how to develop ideas into a video storyboard
- Took the winning student ideas forward into a short student focused video, aimed at students in Liverpool and nationwide
- Created a supporting communications campaign to promote the initiative to industry
- Delivered a campaign action plan, key messaging and supporting social media graphics, templates and video clips to help with digital rollout