A friend of mine, studying at Kingston University, needed some help with redesigning popular mental health app for her dissertation. She needed a working prototype to conduct several user testing and research. I was involved in the design aspect of her work.
*** DISCLAIMER: This is a student project. Therefore, neither the student (Matylda Kaczmarska) nor Kingston University makes any warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the data nor conclusion of the work performed in the project and will not be held responsible for any consequences arising out of any inaccuracies or omissions therein. ***
We started with basic lo-fi wireframes. Decision was made to present those on a mobile phone to give a better feel of how much space each element would take on the screen. For that purpose we used Adobe XD, which proved to be a really good choice when collaborating on projects such as this one. After first testing it was concluded that people prefer simple UI, with no additional boxes. At that point we started experimenting with different ideas for homepage design.