- For All the Women Who Thought They were Mad by Zawe AshtonThis has been one of my favourite experiences at Hackney Showroom so far. The production ' For All the Women Who Thought They Were Mad' written by the famous Zawe Ashton ran for 5 weeks in Stoke Newington Town Hall. A captivating performance that exhibited the struggles, barriers and occurrences of the black female experience in a corporate work place. It relished in the analysis of stimulating discrimination in the corporate world touching on issues to do with natural hair, cultural clothing,
- Immersive Theatre Set Model: 'Carnival ' : @ Boundless Theatre & @ Science GalleryI was commissioned to design and make a 6 room set model for Boundless Theatre alongside Theatre Practitioner Natalya Martin. Over the 6 week project, I designed, sourced and researched ways to create a concept that was multi-sensorial and beneficial for people with complex needs in a theatrical space. Duties- Working with immersive theatre practitioners: I collaborated with lead theatre practitioner of boundless theatre, to create a visual concept and proposal for a multi-sensorial interactive
- Artist @ ATA RODO LONDON: WOC Exhibition - Deptford Does ArtMy work was selected for a 4 day exhibition at Deptford Does Art Gallery by Funso-Foluso Henry Founder and Director of ATA RODO LONDON. ATA RODO organises exhibitions showcasing the creative talents of women of colour. It is a space that empowers women of colour by providing them with an exclusive platform to express themselves through the arts. ATA RODO is for any female creatives who have been used fill a diversity quota; for anyone who has had the meaning of their art distorted or misunde
- Artist @ Black Steps Exhibition & Marginalised No More Festival- Bernie Grant Arts CentreMy work was chosen to be exhibited by Point Black Collective and showcased at Bernie Grant Arts Centre for Black Steps Exhibition which co-existed into Marginalised No More Festival Oct- Nov 2019. The festival night launched Oct 25th and will run until Nov 30th for all artist work to be exhibited and displayed for public viewings. The festival elevates black creative artist to showcase their work that has relation to Black History Month and supports the black community through creative practices
- Production Coordination, Victorious Festival: Cordeaux Film: iMAGCoordinated lead videographer at Cordeaux Film for Victorious Festival 2019 via iMAG brand. -Ran errands between stages in preparation for filming. -Ensured that the filming targets were schedule, and managed timings between stages. -Communicated with the videographer on top priorities to film per day.
- Baubles & Brunch: Christmas Bauble Decorating EventI ran my first ticketed workshop event via my self led workshop business ‘CamiCrafts’. I started off by pitching my workshop idea to various venues, liaising with the owners, general managers or event managers expressing how the event could bring in more business over the Christmas period and also elevate my own. @Tracks bar was very interested in my workshop event idea with excellent facilities to run a workshop, including the perfect audience with artistic interests. I liaised with the manager
+ View all
Project Manager/ Event CooridnatorVarious (Contract / Temp roles)
London, United KingdomFreelance
I am currently a project manager/ event co-ordinator on various freelance roles some of which are- carnivals, festivals, workshops, brand promotional events, product development projects and performances.
Creative Flow ManagerTalking Tables
- London, United KingdomFull Time
I managed the design studio and all work flow across 4 teams within the business per season. This entailed managing priorities, negotiating deadlines, using all forms of AGILE methods to ensure all projects were on schedule and managed from the product developers to reach customer deadlines and key stake holders requests.
+ Show more
- People Person
- Event Coordination
- Art Production
- Team Building
- Workshop Facilitation
- Project Management
- Project Planning
- Creative Writing
Performance Design and PracticeCentral Saint Martin School Of Art and Design
- London, United Kingdom
After completing a Foundation Course in Art and Design at CSM in 2010, I found a passion and interest in performance. My BA in Performance Design and Practice enabled me to train in costume design, set design, experience design, lighting, prop making and a full creative understanding on how a performance event is structured. From this I have developed my career within arts based projects, event management and art producing.