Finland made me do it. A couple of years ago, I was tasked with advertising the Finnish school in which I taught. After designing and building a fully functioning escape room to do so, I twigged that this advertising business wasn’t too bad. So I hopped back over to Edinburgh to study a course in it and BAM, here we are. I’m a hybrid creative with a love of words, especially satisfying ones like “plume”. With a stroke of humongous good fortune, I met my work wife (Ciara) during uni and we’ve been creatively inseparable ever since. You can check out our portfolio here: www.chloeandciara.com When I’m not advertising you’ll find me drawing weird stuff, writing fiction, and rollerblading. Get in touch if you fancy a chat!
- Vagina Museum x ModibodiBrief: To raise awareness for the Vagina Museum and smash taboos surrounding vulvas. Insight: Girls as young as 9 years old are seeking labiaplasty surgery for fear that they don't look "normal" or "beautiful" enough. Solution: Celebrate a different kind of V-Day on the 14th of February by planting a loud and proud 8ft tall flower vagina in the heart of Camden Market, of course. We spread the positive message that flowers of all shapes and sizes are considered naturally beautiful, and we s
- The Rubber ClubBrief: Encourage more 18-24 year olds to use condoms. Insight: We unearthed a study by the University of North Carolina which found that only 12/2600 sex scenes in popular TV shows and movies referenced condoms. Since we're all influenced by what we watch, this seems really daft. Solution: We're creating our own parody condom department service called: The Rubber Club.
- Energy From The Ashes (D&AD New Blood Pencil Winner)Brief: Encourage more 18-25 year olds to drink Yula. Insight: The Amazon Rainforest is at the heart of Yula and all that it stands for. Last year, Amazon forest fires increased by 84%, releasing a decade's worth of carbon into the atmosphere. Yet for too long these fires were ignored. Solution: Deliver100% plant power energy #fromtheashes
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Meet D&AD’s New Blood Academy, Class of 2019.We’re excited to bring you this year’s wave of exciting creative talent from D&AD’s New Blood Academy supported by WPP. These bright sparks all managed to bag themselves a coveted Pencil at the New Blood Awards back in early July. From hundreds of applicants, they were hand selected by D&AD and their agency partners to take part in the ultimate prize - The New Blood Academy. This is an intensive 4-week programme that that catapults emerging creatives into the industry. Through a non-stop progr31
- Shout BoxBrief Build a brand around a cause that means something to you. Insight The ‘Man Box’ is a preconceived set of beliefs that are taught to men throughout their lives. These ideals significantly contribute towards rates of male suicide in the UK. Solution Subvert the Man Box into ‘Shout Box’, a inclusive physical space which men can enter to vocalise the feelings that society often encourages them to bottle up.
New Blood Academy MemberD&AD
London, United KingdomInternship
• Applied for and scored one of the twenty-five spaces available at the Academy. • Enjoyed a two week placement at Ogilvy. • Pitched creative ideas for DesignBridge and Dyson to DesignBridge and Dyson. • Made my very first zine!!! • Completed workshops from the likes of Vice, Jack Morton, and Facebook.
+ Show more
- Creative Advertising
- Creative Writing
- Video Scriptwriting
- Public Speaking
MA Creative AdvertisingEdinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Courses: Concept Creation Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) Strategy & Planning