Website: www.ernestwereko.com A Graphic Designer based in Central London. With proficiencies across photography and front–end development, Ernest uses his skillsets to explore all the potential that can be communicated through digital. His emphasis is always on extrapolating the best, most primal opportunities through research and dialogue. He pursues the concept over any one, personal aesthetic. To that end, Ernest always exposes himself to other lateral disciplines and processes. He is eager to offset the design axiom; which is digital, and push through the physical craft and beyond.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- (random) co:jams: How IAM & Tate are exploring the futures of museumsWe had the opportunity to team up with Tate to build on our shared interest in the futures of arts and museums. Here, you can get a taste of how this collaboration came about and how, together, we brought an agile, experimental approach to questions around youth, arts and institutions in the internet age, in the form of our open-ended collaboration: (random) co:jams. To read the full story, have read of the article on IAM Journal.16
- Nationwide Degree Show: The Gravity Road CurationThe Nationwide Degree Show is a collection of work from art & design students, who's final year shows have been cancelled due to COVID19. What started as an initiative by Fresh Meet to plaster billboards across the UK with student work, has now resulted in an online collection of over 1000 submissions from over 100 universities and 17 creative disciplines. The Curation Series is a programme of student work selected by industry leaders, creative pioneers and trendsetters. Below you will find a s5
- Wiip Curated Showcase - Ernest WerekoErnest Wereko is a designer who engages in a breadth of creative & visual possibilities. With BA (Hons) in Graphic Design, his process moves from Graphic Arts, to Creative Strategy & Front-end development. A dynamic individual with an earnest attitude to match. He is looking for an opportunity to push Design Communication & enterprise. WIIP CURATED SHOWCASE FEATURE & FREE 12-MONTH WIIP SUBSCRIPTION For your chance to be featured in Wiip Curated Showcase and access a FREE 12-month PRO Wiip subs
- Connecting Young People and Galleries to Spark ChangeCircuit was a national programme for 15–25 year olds, led by Tate and funded by Paul Hamlyn Foundation. From 2013-17, ten galleries worked in partnership with youth organisations, aiming to create opportunities for a more diverse range of young people to engage with art in galleries. Circuit highlighted the importance of the arts and youth sectors working as allies to champion positive change for young people.
- Stanley Picker GalleryYemi Awosile Orishirishi 4 May – 15 July 2017 Stanley Picker Gallery is pleased to announce Yemi Awosile’s first solo exhibition, Orishirishi. Appointed Stanley Picker Design Fellow in 2015, Awosile has developed a new body of research that casts a lens on the insatiable desire to maintain a sense of place and ownership over one’s identity through outward public personas. The title of the show is a Nigerian (Yoruba) word taken from Awosile’s family tribe’s vocabulary, loosely meaning ‘an assortm
Collective MemberTENT x TATE
Rotterdam, NetherlandsFull Time
For two special weeks, Tate and TENT got together to form a collective: the aim of this collaboration was to question what exchange meant in a none hierarchical context. As a thematic, we began to reference systems - as a principle or procedure in which something is done. Beginning to actively think of life as an extended metaphor whereby every substance and living organism is cultivated by a system.
+ Show more
- Visual Arts
- Adobe Photoshop Illustrator Indesign Aftereffects
- Content Curation
- Digital Design
(BA hons) Graphic DesignWillem de Kooning Academie
Erasmus study abroad exchange programme
+ Show more