I'm a brand strategist, born and bred, with 7 years experience of leading a leading tech, creative and media agency through growth and change. I help businesses define and dramatise who they are, I help teams to do the work of their careers and I help marketers figure out what to do next.
- Fulfil BarsCreated the brand identity for a disruptive new confectionery brand in UK and launched with a major outdoor and paid social campaign, as well as activating it in social content and promotions. Our client had built a strong following in Ireland for the Fulfil range since its birth as a new, delicious competitor to chocolate bars. Whilst protein bars tend to aim their communications at a gym going, high performance segment of the market, I focussed on an audience definition that brought people t
- UNICEF UK Brand ManifestoThe launch of a new story for UNICEF to tell, and to hear about themselves...one that renews our faith in their organisation as effective and powerful, rather than simply "big". One that puts the kids they work for at the centre of the narrative and one that reminds us all that together, we really can change the world. As our wonderful client said, "I really believe we need to know what we stand for, and more than "know", we need to feel it at a gut level. Hopefully, this film shows what Unice
- White Ribbon Alliance: Tattoo ParlourThe White Ribbon Alliance works to reduce the likelihood of mums dying in childbirth around the world. We wanted to raise awareness of this issue in the UK, How could we make the subject of maternal mortality real, where we are lucky enough to fear childbirth much less? The brief given to the awesome Simon and Stephen (email@example.com) was to connect the sad fact of the Mums lost to communities around the world with the Mums we are so grateful to here in the UK (but sometimes take for gran
Projects credited in
- Pigeon Air PatrolWho’s fighting air pollution? Pigeons. Wearing tiny backpacks with pollution sensors. Tweet your area of London to @PigeonAir and they'll tell you how toxic it is! The nice HR team at Plume Labs takes very good care of us. Our backpacks are as light as a feather, and a vet’s on hand to double check we’re safe and sound. So don’t worry, we love flying, we’re pigeons after all. Don’t get in a flap, download our free ‘Plume Air Report’ app to find out what you’re breathing and how to protect you4
- AstraZenecaAstraZeneca What Science Can Do In 2014 AstraZeneca set about a rebrand to help differentiate themselves from the rest of the biopharmaceutical industry. By focusing the brand on science and a commitment to scientific excellence, they believed they would stand out and help change perceptions. Although a corporate website and ecosystem needs to speak to a number of varying audiences, the core mission was to make AstraZeneca the first choice for partners and potential recruits. Content plays a key role in the new site, with a series of rich stories showcasing AstraZeneca's latest scientific breakthroughs. These long form stories include video and animations that bring to life the science and dispel some of the myths about working for a pharma company.These stories replace the previous brochure-style copy found on many pharma websites. 20 AstraZeneca employees have also been recruited to act as brand ambassadors across the new site. Their profiles show that working at AstraZeneca has allowed them to do the best work of their careers. This 'show don't tell' content brings to life AstraZeneca's porous approach to science, driving recruitment and partnering connections. The new website has an open and transparent design with an editorial feel that allows the content to breathe. A strong type hierarchy and lots of white space remind the audience of scientific journals.
+ Show more
- Long Beach, United StatesFull Time
I started as the Director of Strategy at LBi, with a small team of under valued and poorly coordinated clever misfits. Ended up as the CSO at Digitas with a large team of highly valued, well orchestrated clever misfits and we all made some excellent work along the way.
+ Show more
- Brand Management
- Strategic Planning
- Brand Strategy
- Marketing Strategy
- Brand Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media Marketing