Freelance Creative/Art Director from Madrid. I had been working for 8 years as a creative/art director in various multinational advertising agencies such as: Lola Mullen Lowe, Cheil, FCB, Proximity and DDB ,for clients like SAMSUNG, BBVA. adidas, Renault, Reebook, Heineken, Redbull and Unilever. Throughout my career I have won many awards in the most important advertising festivals around the world such as: Cannes Lions, LIA, Echo Awards, FIAP, el Sol, el Ojo de Iberoamérica, etc. My work as a creative has a special focus on digital, new media, and innovation. I also write, teach and create sound/tech/art projects. Last year, I have traveled with my wife for a year around the world, visiting 18 countries on 4 continets, returning to Madrid in May 2019.
- Finding Fariña | Madrid BooksellersThe Spanish authorities censured a novel, something unheard of since democracy was established. The book in question, Fariña, is an essay about drug smuggling whose plot features a politician involved. This politician lodged a complaint against the book’s author and managed to censure it. The book’s prohibition makes it impossible to buy, this raised indignation in public opinion…until Finding Fariña emerged. This was a website that made possible to read the banned book with no legal risks:usin
- Animal Copyrights | WWFIn 2014, photographer David Slater sued Wikimedia Commons, claiming authorship of a “selfie” taken by a monkey with his camera. A U.S. court recognized the lack of authorship of the image, ruling that it belonged to neither the photographer nor the monkey. Animal rights have evolved over time to protect their lives and well-being but, until now, no one has made an effort to protect their image copyrights. So WWF and LatinStock joined forces to create Animal Copyrights: The first collection
- BBVA | BconomyIn 2018, BBVA launches one of its most important digital banking products, BBVA Bconomy, the new functionality of the BBVA app to control expenses and compare them with people like you. For its launch, we developed an integrated campaign with Spots on TV and special emphasis on a complete digital development on a multitude of media. The campign was developed with pieces on Instagram, Brand Days, tv media, banners, etc. everything pivoting around the campaign concepto “Cuánto más sabes, mejor
- The Hidden Truth | Corbis-LatinstockA special code, capable of encrypting content inside the photos, and therefore, adding more significant content to a downloaded image. This code was able to hide audio, video, or any other information "inside" the Corbis/LatinStock images. The launch of this new format was a campaign about domestic violence in Spain, where user could find out what happens inside Spanish homes pictures and react to it. The theme of the campaign was meant to generate conversation, not only about the violence,
- El Latido del Campo | adidasTurning stores into stadiums and heartbeat into a special promotion. We recreated in stores the emotion of entering a Big Match and we turn this emotion into special discounts. When trying the new Adidas boots in store, consumer would step into a sensor, activating an immersive and real experience that would perfectly replicate the exact sensation of a real player, stepping into the stadium, just before a big Match. Once immerse into the perfect big stadium experience, we measures consumer
- Never Give Up On Rock | IbanezDue to the Spanish crisis, there are more than 3000 second hand guitars on sale in Spain. So anonymously we bought some of these second hand guitars, taking them away from their legit owners. But we had a plan: after a week, with a special mailing, we gave the repaired guitars back to their owners, so they won’t give up on rock.
+ View all
Freelance Art Director & Travellerjosemherrera.com
I have been travelling around the World visiting 18 countries on 4 continets, returning to Madrid in May 2019; and working as a freelance art director and creative supervisor for agencies and clients such as DDB, AUDI, Samsung, Mono Creative Collective, Moovit app...
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Digital Advertising
- Creative Advertising
- Desing Thinking
- Digital Design
- Retail Advertising
- Experiental Marketing
- Integrated Campaign
+ Show more