For eight years (2013 to 2020) I shaped and led The Marketing Society’s editorial, digital and content strategy, working with CMOs, marketing directors, CEOs, authors, and heads of strategy to produce culturally relevant content that resonated with business leaders worldwide. In early 2021 I became freelance, and began working for a variety of clients on editorial, social media, content and podcasts. I'm currently Executive Editor for an online publication called MediaCat Magazine. On the side I'm a screenwriter, spoken word poet, film and TV blogger and music critic.
- MediaCat Magazine - getting going with contentIn much the same way I spent eight years (2013-2020) building up The Marketing Society website in terms of content, topical stories, interesting writers and podcasts, I'm now doing a similar thing for MediaCat Magazine - an online publication which explores marketing and media change. So I'm on the hunt for senior marketers that like to write... strategists, planners, big brains, authors, you know who you are. DM me if interested. I'll also be launching a MediaCat podcast in January, so if int
- Launched 'Marketing Starter For Ten' audio podcast seriesAs part of my content work at The Marketing Society I recently launched an audio series called 'Starter for ten', a series of ten-minute talks about things of interest to marketers. The first one was with author The Anatomy of Humbug and Why Does The Pedlar Sing?, Paul Feldwick, talking about fame. You can listen to the talk here https://podcasts.marketingsociety.com/episode/marketing-starter-for-ten-author-paul-feldwick-talks-about-fame
- Celebrating eleven issues of Marketing Society publication, EMPOWERI launched Empower, a digital publication for The Marketing Society, in June 2019. Initially it came out once a quarter. After a few issues I made it bi-monthly. Some of the most popular issues have been the 'community and togetherness issue (May 2020) and 'divided and connected' (July 2020). The picture below is taken from the most recent issue, 'empathy and humanity' (Mar 2021). https://marketingsociety.com/empower-publication
- Welcome to the new Marketing Society podcast channelFor two years I had The Marketing Society podcast channel on Soundcloud. I amassed over 20,000 listens of the podcasts in that time. In 2021 I decided it needed an upgrade. The result is a much more professional looking platform for the pods. https://podcasts.marketingsociety.com/
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Top 10: career advice tips for 2022Job hunting? Thinking of pivoting your career? Struggling with motivation? Wanting to grow your network? We’ve got you! We’ve put together our top 10 career-related questions for 2022 to help you navigate through the year ahead, no matter if you’re just starting out, or already have experience in the industry. Click through to see insights, advice and top tips from industry mentors and our brilliant Dots community. Got some thoughts of your own? Please add your own wisdom if you have anything60
- How Dyslexia Can Be Your SuperpowerUntil very recently, many sperm banks rejected donors that had dyslexia - it was perceived to be a disability. However, with 35% of entreprenuts being dyslexic and 40% of self-made millionaires - including Richard Branson, Anita Roddick, Steve Jobs, Jo Malone, Walt Disney, Holly Tucker, Albert Einstein, and countless more - this has made me reflect on my own dyslexia. I’ve found that the skills that dyslexia amplifies are in-fact superpowers, not only if you want to be an entrepreneur - but f
- LEGO, Vivienne Westwood and a German general: talking creative nudges with author Kev ChestersIn this first instalment of MediaCat Magazine’s new podcast, our Editor Mike Piggott spoke to the co-owner and strategy partner at Harbour Collective and co-author of the book, The Creative Nudge, Kev Chesters, about a great many things to do with creativity, and how it can make a difference in all our lives. Amongst other things, they discussed LEGO, Pixar, Vivienne Westwood and a German general. As well as looking at how there’s creativity in all of us, and how some aspects of creativity boom1
- GEMMA GREAVES, MANAGING DIRECTOR AT THE MARKETING SOCIETY & PRESIDENT OF THE SOLUS CLUB GIVES US SOME TOP TIPS ON SUCCESSTo celebrate International Women’s Day, Gemma Greaves, Managing Director at The Marketing Societyand the (first) female president of the Solus Club, spoke to us about her top-tips on success in the creative industries. Over the rest of the week, we’ll be highlighting their work, thoughts on what it means to them to be in the creative industries, their inspirations, aspirations, iconic role models and sage words of advice.
- The Marketing Society Annual Conference 2015As part of the team at MBA I created an identity and content for The Marketing Society’s annual conference in 2015. The goal was to maintain the prestige of the event, compared to previous years, promote interest and as a result sell tickets. The overarching theme ‘Beyond’ was transformed into a wormhole identity which perfectly embodies the idea of pushing boundaries and exploring the unknown. Both day and night events successfully sold out and supporting signage helped guide attendees to thei
+ Show more
Executive EditorMediaCat Magazine
London, United KingdomPart Time
MediaCat Magazine (mediacatmagazine.co.uk) is an online publication exploring marketing and media change. It focuses on brands, the environments where they operate, and the industries that serve them, reporting on ideas, trends, and perspectives.
Music criticTHE INDIE SCENE
London, United KingdomFreelance
I've recently started writing for music website, The Indie Scene. My first review was Royal Blood's third album, Typhoons, which you can read here https://www.theindiescene.co.uk/album-reviews/royal-blood-typhoons At university in Bristol I used to DJ funky house. I've played guitar (badly) for years, and always had a love of music. I wanted to spread my wings as a writer and start writing about music. So here I am.
+ Show more
- Digital Marketing
- Copywriting Editorial
- Digital Content
- Spoken Word
- Performance Poetry
- Editorial Content
- Editorial Commissioning
- Social Media